It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 06:32:34 pm »
Rock and Classical, or a combination of the two ;) . Throw in a little dubstep and a little punk from time to time. I also am a big fan of professional choir music, with or without accompaniment, especially in non-english as it makes it more akin to another instrument (words just get in the way lol).
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Knee that Bends

• Suthenti
  • Only a dûnyain deals in absolutes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 08:22:32 pm »
Clicked metal and forgot to even look at anything else XD. but if I had voted for other things, Folk & Rock. Blues would be a close 4th
"And I renounce..." He trailed, warred with errant pas­sions. "I renounce my wife."
His eyes fell upon Esmenet, stricken upon the floor. My wife!
"Noooo," she wept and whispered. "Pleaaase, Akka..."
"As an adulteress," he continued, his voice cracking, "and a... a..."
His face a mask of nimil, he turned without leave, began walking back the way he came. The Men of the Tusk stared at him dumbstruck

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 09:06:15 pm »
On phone won't let me vote. You know when I was in my teens to early 20's rap was my .mainstay with a little country and classic (80's) rock thrown in there. Now, I don't really listen to music in the same way. I just listen to whatever is on the radio. I change stations depending on my mood, but I don't purchase or download music. And, I'll be damned if I know half the names of songs or bands. I enjoy music, just I don't care who's singing/rapping, i just want a nice beat and someone who doesn't sound like a fucking degenerate who I can't understand.

Especially, rap. When I like rap, 90's B.I.G., Tupac, Nore, Mobb Deep and, well, you get what I liked. They told a story and the song had meaning. You could understand what they are singing.

This rap today....I don't give a Fuck how you're posted up in fucking club!!! I don't care how you dance. I just don't. I can't understand half of them and it's the same 5 lines repeated over and over and over. Lil Wayne is the greatest rapper ever????? That fucking whining, crying little punk. I pity today's youth. I don't list to any modern rap anymore, very rarely a song will come along I like. Its usually just whatever is on the radio, for me. And, no I don't like heavy metal where they scream and can't understand a word, it's the same as that shity rap. I gotta hit the way back machine to enjoy a song usually.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 09:13:24 pm by MSJ »
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 10:18:52 pm »
Clicked metal and forgot to even look at anything else XD. but if I had voted for other things, Folk & Rock. Blues would be a close 4th

You can update your vote

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 10:24:13 pm »
This rap today....I don't give a Fuck how you're posted up in fucking club!!! I don't care how you dance. I just don't. I can't understand half of them and it's the same 5 lines repeated over and over and over. Lil Wayne is the greatest rapper ever????? That fucking whining, crying little punk. I pity today's youth. I don't list to any modern rap anymore, very rarely a song will come along I like. Its usually just whatever is on the radio, for me. And, no I don't like heavy metal where they scream and can't understand a word, it's the same as that shity rap. I gotta hit the way back machine to enjoy a song usually.

Sing it, man! LOL! You feel strongly about this topic in lieu of you not "purchasing" any of it - which is totally cool, of course, just messing with ya.

I like Public Enemy back in the day - as you say, they rapped about something in those days - pretty funny ( accurate ) summation of what it's about today.

Knee that Bends

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 10:36:25 pm »
"And I renounce..." He trailed, warred with errant pas­sions. "I renounce my wife."
His face a mask of nimil, he turned without leave, began walking back the way he came. The Men of the Tusk stared at him dumbstruck

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 11:15:05 pm »

You can update your vote
how?

Er, uh, well, I don't know - I "checked" the box/radial button that allows people to change their vote - but can't figure it out for my own votes ... anyone? Madness? Whilshire? Help on aisle 3, please.

Knee that Bends

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 11:29:08 pm »

Er, uh, well, I don't know - I "checked" the box/radial button that allows people to change their vote - but can't figure it out for my own votes ... anyone? Madness? Whilshire? Help on aisle 3, please.
lol, it's all good if you can't figure it out, idrc

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 12:26:23 am »
I call bullshit! With all of the metal references throughout this forum, only 1 metal vote?!

Knee that Bends

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 12:48:50 am »
I call bullshit! With all of the metal references throughout this forum, only 1 metal vote?!
I feel alone! So very alone! My brothers have abandoned me!

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 01:39:23 am »
>no screamo option

I mostly listen to metal, but I also like a couple of screamo/emo bands and a bit of classical.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 01:41:25 am by tleilaxu »

Knee that Bends

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 01:44:25 am »
>no screamo option

I mostly listen to metal, but I also like a couple of screamo/emo bands and a bit of classical.
WHHYYYYY HELLLLOOOO THERRREEE. What kind of metal might I ask?

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 01:50:11 am »
>no screamo option

WHHYYYYY HELLLLOOOO THERRREEE. What kind of metal might I ask?
Black metal, death metal, heavy metal, a bit of power metal. Basically the good stuff.