• 140 Replies

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2018, 11:30:26 pm »
Quote from:  Tao
And an evil demon making picks for me would show his hand?  ;D

I never told you to follow my lead concerning who to pick. Maybe, you just wanna follow an evil demon.

er, uh, can't think of anything clever ... you got me, point made  :D
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 19, 2018, 02:07:06 pm »
Maybe, you just wanna follow an evil demon.

Who doesn't?

But really, it's hard to imagine the Jaguars beating the Patriots, but I don't think it's impossible.  It just requires numerous improbable things to happen.

I just don't think the Jaguars offense plays better than the Patriot's defense to account for the Patriot's offense being better than the Jaguar's defense. 
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 19, 2018, 03:43:46 pm »
Unless Tommy "playboy" Brady's right (throwing) hand is really banged up. Their being tight lipped about it.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 19, 2018, 04:16:59 pm »
Unless Tommy "playboy" Brady's right (throwing) hand is really banged up. Their being tight lipped about it.

I doubt if he is really hurt.  They list him on the injury report all the time, he's never really injured though.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 19, 2018, 04:20:04 pm »
I agree, H. Thats what Belicheck does. Manipulate the Injury list. To keep em guessing. Though, if he is, that Jimmy G trade looks a lot worse then it already did.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2018, 04:51:19 pm »
I agree, H. Thats what Belicheck does. Manipulate the Injury list. To keep em guessing. Though, if he is, that Jimmy G trade looks a lot worse then it already did.

I think if he really was, you actually would not have seen it on the report.  I think they are hoping to get the Jag's defense to take some shots at him, thinking they can hurt him out of the game and taking stupid penalties.

In any case, that trade was bad, injury or not.  They basically gave him away for next to nothing, for no reason.

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2018, 03:49:07 am »
I'm going with Patriots and Vikings. I'd love to see the Jags win but I'm trying to stay ahead here!

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2018, 02:36:38 pm »
The Jaguars are winning tomorrow

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 21, 2018, 12:51:15 pm »
https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/1/5/16853506/nfl-playoffs-gambling-manifesto-five-picks

Simmons Playoff Gambling Manifesto 5.0

This is where I got always go with the better QB. But, that was way back in version 1.0. Its a good read, for gambling reasons and the comical side to it.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 22, 2018, 11:48:13 am »
Same old outcome in the Patriots game.  They should have lost that game probably three times over, but again, the other team just lays an egg in the 4th.

I was surprised by the Eagles, looks like the Vikings just did not have it yesterday...

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 22, 2018, 12:13:06 pm »
Quote from:  H
I was surprised by the Eagles, looks like the Vikings just did not have it yesterday...

Playoff Gambling Manifesto 5.0

RULE NO. 12: Beware of any team that celebrated the previous weekend’s victory like it had just won the Super Bowl.
I loved Buffalo breaking its playoff drought; I loved Andy Dalton finally making someone else’s playoff dreams come true; I loved Baltimore getting screwed over by strength of schedule because Cleveland (the city the team ditched) won zero games; I loved Kyle Williams’s kids; I loved all the awesome locker-room celebration videos; and I even loved celebrity Bills fans that I’ve never heard of (like the CBS anchor who went on Inside the NFL) taking their media victory laps.

Does 48 hours of congratulatory texts/emails/calls, interviews and celebrations bode well for an upcoming playoff game? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not at all!

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 22, 2018, 12:19:41 pm »
NFL Playoff Predictions, Championship Weekend:

Bolivar: 1-1
Tao: 1-1
BFK: 0-2
MSJ: 0-2

Totals:

Bolivar: 6-4
Tao: 5-5
BFK: 4-6
MSJ: 3-7
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 22, 2018, 03:54:05 pm »
NFL Playoff Predictions, Championship Weekend:

Bolivar: 1-1
Tao: 1-1
BFK: 0-2
MSJ: 0-2

Totals:

Bolivar: 6-4
Tao: 5-5
BFK: 4-6
MSJ: 3-7

In our defense, the Jags raised hell, performed much better than anticipated by the "experts" and I think covered the spread if I'm not mistaken.

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 22, 2018, 04:19:59 pm »

In our defense, the Jags raised hell, performed much better than anticipated by the "experts" and I think covered the spread if I'm not mistaken.

The Jags did cover, and they might have won if they had kept the pedal down. But they stopped throwing on first down, which was how they built the lead. "It's working, so don't change it!"
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 22, 2018, 06:19:42 pm »
My first post in this thread ended with how I'd love to see Jags and Vikings in Superbowl LII. Almost had it, too, with how far these teams came in the postseason. Instead, I'm getting what is likely the very last matchup I would ever want to see. I really can't root for either of these teams. I suppose Philadelphia winning would bother me less. At the same time, if they lose, the Coughlin/Manning  Giants will remain the only team to best Brady/Belichick in the Super Bowl. This just really sucks.

Howie Roseman definitely deserves football executive of the year.

Going to need a few days to mull this one over. Hard to pick against the Pats, especially when they proved they can still bounce back even when it looks like a team has their number. I think Philly has that same resilience, though. There was a couple times this season where it looked like they completely lost momentum but were able to hang in there long enough to get it back. There was a Monday night Skins-Eagles game this October MSJ might remember where this really stood out to me. They lost their starting left tackle that game as well and still found a way to win. My head is telling me New England ties Pittsburgh with six world championships but I ha e a feeling Philly might have the right ingredients to beat them.