• Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2018, 11:36:41 am »
Quote from:  BFK
I'm using my one-game lead to take a flyer on the Saints to upset the Vikings

Saints are 6.5 point favorites.....
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2018, 11:51:00 am »

That's really surprising. No respect for the Vikings.
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2018, 03:23:56 pm »

If the Saints only run for thirty whatever yards again though, I don't think they win that game...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2018, 04:00:42 pm »

If the Saints only run for thirty whatever yards again though, I don't think they win that game...

Yeah, the Vikings D is pretty snazzy, so another game I wouldn't bet on  ::)
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2018, 04:36:07 pm »
Yeah, the Vikings D is pretty snazzy, so another game I wouldn't bet on  ::)

On paper, the edge definitely goes to the Vikings, but you don't play football games on paper.

Hard to be too keen on the Vikings in the playoffs given the "unproven" status of the QB.  In this, I'd give a definite edge to Brees.  It will very much depend on who really shows up.

If the Saints can manage to run the ball, they'll win.  If they can't, I don't think they'll be able to pull it out, even if Brees plays well.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2018, 07:45:03 pm »
I'd the Saints get pass the Vikings its over...their winning it all. And, really you're proving my point. They are the most versatile team in the NFL. The run for less than 40 yards and still put up over 30 points. Not many teams can do that. And, truth be told when their run game gets clogged by these top D's (Carolina, Vikings), they just use screens and short throws to supplant the run game. I'm sorry, they just have a ton of weapons...a Bakker's dozen you might say, lol. Puns. Vikings are not stopping them and nobody else in the NFC. I got em as SB champs, but Pats and a Steelers with a healthy Brown, will give them a run for their money.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2018, 07:53:08 pm »
If the NFC championship game features "Hotlanta" vs. "Who Dat", wow! Could be epic. I wonder whether I'll stay with the Falcons in that event.
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2018, 08:06:30 pm »
If the NFC championship game features "Hotlanta" vs. "Who Dat", wow! Could be epic. I wonder whether I'll stay with the Falcons in that event.

Its my pick. Nick Foles isn't beating Matty ICE. I just think Saints are the most complete team, offense and defense. With A QB that set a NFL record 70.3 completion%. They have all the pieces you look for in a SB champ these days. I mean, I'm not betting the house on it. And, I have no vested interest. Its what I see.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2018, 09:14:43 pm »
I'd the Saints get pass the Vikings its over...their winning it all. And, really you're proving my point. They are the most versatile team in the NFL. The run for less than 40 yards and still put up over 30 points. Not many teams can do that. And, truth be told when their run game gets clogged by these top D's (Carolina, Vikings), they just use screens and short throws to supplant the run game. I'm sorry, they just have a ton of weapons...a Bakker's dozen you might say, lol. Puns. Vikings are not stopping them and nobody else in the NFC. I got em as SB champs, but Pats and a Steelers with a healthy Brown, will give them a run for their money.

I mean, I sure wouldn't mind, I do live in Louisiana now, haha.

I just doing know enough of the Viking's defense to know all that well how it would play out.  That being said, I don't think the Viking's offense is particularly scary, so perhaps you end up with nearly the same result as the Carolina game...

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2018, 09:54:28 pm »
Bill Simmons Book of Betting 101.

Take the better QB, rule #1.

Vikings- Case Keenum. Came out of nowhere after a injury and his first career playoff start.

N.O.- Drew Brees. SB champ, definite lock for HoF. Had a historic season, setting league record in completion %.

Besides those two, they have similar D's, but the Saints are loaded with offensive weapons, Vikings...not so much. Keenum has played above what you would expect from him. Playoffs might be too big a stage for him...we'll see.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2018, 09:58:14 pm »
Bill Simmons Book of Betting 101.

Take the better QB, rule #1.

Vikings- Case Keenum. Came out of nowhere after a injury and his first career playoff start.

N.O.- Drew Brees. SB champ, definite lock for HoF. Had a historic season, setting league record in completion %.

Besides those two, they have similar D's, but the Saints are loaded with offensive weapons, Vikings...not so much. Keenum has played above what you would expect from him. Playoffs might be too big a stage for him...we'll see.

Yeah, going with experience is probably the "best bet" but I think they teams are somewhat "even matches" so I definitely would not be surprised to see the game go either way.  It's going to come down to who steps up and makes the big plays.

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2018, 03:32:43 am »
Offense scores points. Defense wins championships.

When you look at the offensive weapons on the Vikings, I admit, a lot of them are inexperienced. Saints not only have quanitifiably one of the best QBs to ever do it but their weapons also have great hands and unreal sense of timing with Brees. But the coaching I'd say is pretty even. Not too long ago Zimmer basically beat the Beast Mode era Seahawks in the playoffs, they whiffed it on a missed field goal. I don't think their success is because an overlooked player had an unexpected year. They've had success with Bridgewater, Bradford, and now Keenum, that speaks to the strength of the system.

H who are your picks?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2018, 11:20:31 am »
H who are your picks?

Best guess is Patriots over the Titans, Steelers over the Jaguars, not because either of those favorites are that good, but the underdogs seem that bad.  It wouldn't surprise me to see the Steelers fuck up and lose though, because they do tend to break out a terrible game every once in a while.

I think the Saints do have a slight edge on the Vikings and I'd take the Falcons, who seem to be playing decently lately, over Nick Foles' Eagles.  Again though, I wouldn't be shocked if either of those go the other way though...

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2018, 03:06:57 pm »
Hey, TSA Forum, just a quick canvass: Any interest in a competition in picking NFL winners week-by-week next season? I've always enjoyed it. We could go straight-up winners or against the point spread. I'd be willing to organize the thing. Strictly for fun and bragging rights, though....not really into putting real money on the line.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2018, 03:13:35 pm »
Hey, TSA Forum, just a quick canvass: Any interest in a competition in picking NFL winners week-by-week next season? I've always enjoyed it. We could go straight-up winners or against the point spread. I'd be willing to organize the thing. Strictly for fun and bragging rights, though....not really into putting real money on the line.

+1
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff