H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2018, 03:14:11 pm »
Hey, TSA Forum, just a quick canvass: Any interest in a competition in picking NFL winners week-by-week next season? I've always enjoyed it. We could go straight-up winners or against the point spread. I'd be willing to organize the thing. Strictly for fun and bragging rights, though....not really into putting real money on the line.

+1

Sure, zero cost, little effort to maintain; sounds good to me.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2018, 03:26:48 pm »
Hey, TSA Forum, just a quick canvass: Any interest in a competition in picking NFL winners week-by-week next season? I've always enjoyed it. We could go straight-up winners or against the point spread. I'd be willing to organize the thing. Strictly for fun and bragging rights, though....not really into putting real money on the line.

+1

Sure, zero cost, little effort to maintain; sounds good to me.

H reads me like a book....
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2018, 04:35:59 pm »
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2018, 04:42:39 pm »
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!

Lol. No, this is ol' "Small-time, cheap-ass BFK" talkin' atcha!
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2018, 04:47:41 pm »
Lol. I just like saying it. In only in one "money league" for FF. Its only 25 let person, winner takes all. Then I play those spot cards, maybe throw $5 on 1 or 2. Not a big gambler. And, I wouldn't expect us to put money on a TSA pick em league.....but I'm in.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2018, 04:54:28 pm »
That's great, MSJ!  What do you think, spread or straight-up?

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2018, 04:16:10 pm »
I'm definitely in, the ongoing conversation in this thread really made me wish we were doing it all year.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2018, 04:28:03 pm »

Same here, Bolivar! Spread or straight-up?

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2018, 04:36:54 pm »
Crowdsourced TSA betting advice lol.

If you guys start making money and beating vegas spreads, getting rich etc., I hope you remember us poor folks here running the forum. We could use a donation for better server space, bandwidth, and an IT guy to make it not so buggy. After you secure your own affairs, obviously, but just in case you're so wealthy you don't know what to do with it all ... ;).
One of the other conditions of possibility.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2018, 04:43:34 pm »

Same here, Bolivar! Spread or straight-up?

I think I'd rather just straight-up, but mostly due to laziness.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2018, 05:07:20 pm »
Crowdsourced TSA betting advice lol.

If you guys start making money and beating vegas spreads, getting rich etc., I hope you remember us poor folks here running the forum. We could use a donation for better server space, bandwidth, and an IT guy to make it not so buggy. After you secure your own affairs, obviously, but just in case you're so wealthy you don't know what to do with it all ... ;).

Lol! Hey, Wilshire, that wasn't betting advice, that was advice on charitable distribution! OK....putting down "TSA Forum" as a beneficiary of possible LEGAL gambling winnings.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2018, 05:53:57 pm »
....putting down "TSA Forum" as a beneficiary of possible LEGAL gambling winnings.

Wording mis-arranged. Change to possible beneficiary ... in other words, if we FEEL like being generous.

Spread or straight up doesn't matter to me for the fun of the game, but would be fun to see how good I am against the spread.
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2018, 03:20:07 pm »
I'm sticking with my Saints over Vikings pick, but I'm starting to think it was a bad call. Vikings defense has the best 3rd down defense since 1973 at 25%.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2018, 03:54:25 pm »
I'm sticking with my Saints over Vikings pick, but I'm starting to think it was a bad call. Vikings defense has the best 3rd down defense since 1973 at 25%.

Yeah, I think it's going to be a close game in any case.  Probably less than 7 points either way...

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2018, 05:15:08 pm »
I love that it's the last game of the weekend, hopefully it's an epic matchup.