MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2018, 10:24:02 pm »
Quote from:  Wilshire
Should probably split the topic and make a new one for 'what is a sport', or some such.

Nah man, I'm done. Just pointing out the obvious.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
  • The quest--it is your master.
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2018, 11:19:31 pm »
Russian curling team doping? I hope not. :(
Faith is the truth of passion. Since no passion is more true than another, faith is the truth of nothing.   
                          -Ajencis, the fourth analytic of man

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2018, 11:44:45 pm »
Quote from:  Dora Vee
Russian curling team doping? I hope not. :(

From the article it seems as if it was only one guy. Nevertheless, you'd think with the ban, the Russian athletes wouldn't even take a chance with being banned. Not a good look. Probably Trump had something to do with it. :)
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2018, 04:37:32 am »
Best ice dancing EVER!!1 Very happy with the results!
Faith is the truth of passion. Since no passion is more true than another, faith is the truth of nothing.   

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2018, 01:22:52 pm »
Well since Russia got busted for state sanctioned doping, thus them not being able to compete under the Russian Flag, its not surprising that they are finding other athletes. At this point they might even just be using these games, since its a 'lost cause', as a testing ground to see what stuff will pass detection.

Sadly I don't imagine Russia is the only ones with widespread cheating. Just look at the entire sport of cycling - seems on an international level cheating and getting away with it is as big a part of the competition as the actual sport itself. Its really very sad.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2018, 04:30:58 pm »
I actually see where what you say makes sense, Wilshire. But, in 4 years there will be a whole new batch of PED's. So, they don't test dirty now, means nothing in 2 years for Summer Olympics and even less in 4, when Winter comes back around.

I just don't think the Russian's really give two shits. They are and have always been obsessed with the Olympics (well since I can remember), and will go to any lengths to win. Even in Curling, were I thought, you made a close comparison to eSports as you possibly could. Lol.

Remember, the last Olympics Russia hosted? And, the opening of them? How they portrayed the History of Russsia? Its funny how they see themselves, yet I'm sure many a country would say the same about the USA. (But, remember dammit, Dubya said God was on our side and you won't get me to believe any different. ;) )

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2018, 06:10:42 pm »
I never gave a damn about any opening ceremony. Russia is hardly the only doping country, they're just the ones who get caught the most.

As for how Russia sees itself? Well, what were you expecting? They have a long history of nastiness, bleakness and complexity. Something like that wouldn't work in an opening ceremony.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2018, 06:18:11 pm »
Quote from:  Dora Vee
I never gave a damn about any opening ceremony. Russia is hardly the only doping country, they're just the ones who get caught the most.

Agreed. Its just relative to this Olympics they are banned. And, have to compete under OAR(?) I find it amusing that the 1st bust comes at the hands of a Russian Curling team member, is all.

Agreed, they all dope. I just found Russia's opening ceremony to be very....amusing, is all. As I said, people from other countries would probably say the same about the US.

ETA: I wasn't trying to drag you into this by the Ciphrang comment. I just thought you was getting annoyed that we hijacked the thread over, "what is a sport?". Sorry, hope there are no hard feelings.

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2018, 06:22:59 pm »
No, there aren't any hard feelings.

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2018, 07:44:16 pm »
Oh dear...Canada lost to GERMANY in hockey! First Sweden loses and now Canada? Jesus...

Wonder how they'll do against the Russians.

Congrats to SERWA for gold in Ski Cross. :)

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2018, 07:10:02 pm »
US mens take Gold in Curling, 1st Gold ever. And, they won it on what is called a 5-ender, supposedly very, very rare in the sport. U-S-A, U-S-A, U-S-A!!!!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 07:24:11 pm by MSJ »

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2018, 09:40:21 pm »
I really like the mass start Speed Skating. That is AWESOME!

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2018, 07:21:15 am »
My god...the gold medal hockey game. What an amazing game. Far better than I expected.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2018, 02:40:52 pm »
My god...the gold medal hockey game. What an amazing game. Far better than I expected.

Congratulations to The Olympic Athletes of Russia
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2018, 04:07:26 pm »
Final Medal Count. I went down to thoae with more than one.

Norway: 39 medals
14 gold, 14 silver, 11 bronze

Germany: 31 medals
14 gold, 10, silver, 7 bronze

Canada: 29 medals
11 gold, 8 silver, 10 bronze

United States: 23 medals
9 gold, 8 silver, 6 bronze

Netherlands: 20 medals
8 gold, 6 silver, 6 bronze

South Korea: 17 medals
5 gold, 8 silver, 4 bronze

Olympic Athletes from Russia: 17 medals
2 gold, 6 silver, 9 bronze

Switzerland: 15 medals
5 gold, 6 silver, 4 bronze

France: 15 medals
5 gold, 4 silver, 6 bronze

Sweden: 14 medals
7 gold, 6 silver, 1 bronze

Austria: 14 medals
5 gold, 3 silver, 6 bronze

Japan: 13 medals
4 gold, 5 silver, 4 bronze

Italy: 10 medals
3 gold, 5 silver, 4 bronze

China: 9 medals
1 gold, 6 silver, 2 bronze

Czech Republic: 7 medals
2 gold, 2 silver, 3 bronze

Finland: 6 medals
1 gold, 1 silver, 4 bronze

Great Britain: 5 medals
1 gold, 4 bronze

Belarus: 3 medals
2 gold, 1 silver

Slovakia: 3 medals
1 gold, 2 silver

Australia: 3 medals
2 silver, 1 bronze

Poland: 2 medals
1 gold, 1 bronze

Slovenia: 2 medals
1 silver, 1 bronze

Spain: 2 medals
2 bronze

New Zealand: 2 medals
2 bronze