mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2014, 08:49:37 pm »
My grandpa used to tell me a story about a ruthless Chinese commander who lead nationalists against communists around WW2 era.  This guy, reputedly, rose to prominence and then went back to the village of his birth and killed everyone who knew him before he left to shroud his past.  I think you might be right about Kellhus killing everyone in Atrithau, Madness.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2014, 10:45:44 pm »
Lol - Anarcane Ground could be the biggest red-herring... but I think that it's Kellhus' City of Solitude. He probably went back after and ruled a little society in miniature capitalizing on his earlier adunyani conditioning. Or just murdered everyone in his scourge of the Demua mountains and his past ;).

If there were any nonmen who chaffed at being under Quya rule, then Atrithau would be a perfect place for a mansion.  Maybe there's a bunker of last resort down there.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2014, 12:00:55 am »
Another Ishual (exalted grotto right?), though even safer. A real shame that the Dunyain didn't have their little home a few hundred miles south where they truly wouldn't have had to worry about sorcery.
One of the other conditions of possibility.