• 14 Replies

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« on: June 01, 2013, 08:32:42 pm »
Quote from: Capt.Croaker
see if she see's kellhus?...or the black winged general of the consult.......i'm guessing kellhus is damned just like all mages.....suffering of innoscent,false prophet,ect,ect.....will be interesting........

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 08:32:50 pm »
Quote from: KRST IS
I'm guessing Mimara would see in Kellhus a big fat ego. One big desire to filter all other mortal desires to a singular judgment. The judgment of Kellhus on others.

One thing to keep in mind is that "judging" is not really akin to the mainstream religions and their concept of a wrathful God sending people to literal Hell.

Unless this is what Bakker still believes. Which I would venture, no. :)

Postscript: On judgment and passing judgment. The better route, in my opinion, is to go with the principle of suspending judgment. But the paradox is that you first have to balance the metaphorical scale where your beliefs and criteria are just as valid as every other man or woman or child. And vice versa. When this happens, they negate each other out; they emanate, transmute (alchemical term) into a more flexible and compassionate Aspect.

If you are one who enjoys Bakker using Earwian ancient sage quotes at the beginning of every chapter, then you might enjoy this ancient sage speaking, of among many other things, proper "suspension of judgment."

http://www.scribd.com/doc/62122635/Bett-Ed-Sextus-Empiric-Us-Against-the-Logicians

Enjoy!

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 08:32:58 pm »
Quote from: Madness
I think you actually suggested in your other post that Bakker's Earwa is more likely to reflect the so-called "Golden Age" you highlighted - in your overly amazing post, by the way - as he's riffing off that and the problems inherent to those belief systems.

Lol, cheers, KRST IS. I'll have to get back to your other post later, after I digest it some more. Nice avatar, btw.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 08:33:05 pm »
Quote from: Callan S.
Quote from: KRST IS
One thing to keep in mind is that "judging" is not really akin to the mainstream religions and their concept of a wrathful God sending people to literal Hell.

Unless this is what Bakker still believes. Which I would venture, no. :)
Someone on TPB asked him once whether he thought he was damned. He said yes (the question was, he said, by whom?)

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 05:35:56 pm »
Maybe this is the right place to list all the awesome things Mimara should see with the judging eye?

1) Kellhus - duh, must see, at this point i guess it would be surprising if he was actually holy or in some third category beyond blessed/damned
2) Inchoroi - desperate to see if Curethan is right about them being the worst good guys in history
3) Inverse Fire - the judging eye looking at the judgine eye?  this creates an energy source that powers Earwa into the 30th century where they explore space to find out if any other civilizations have something as embarrassing as magic back on their home worlds.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 09:28:20 pm »
Those are some of the exact questions, Capt. Croaker opened the thread with.

If Mimara watches from the most "objective" God's Eye possible, then:

I suspect Kellhus would be Damned - unless he's figured out the Titirga/Cishaurim spectrum and has established himself. I suspect all sorcerers/swayali would still be Damned, but probably not Cishaurim.

But Mimara might be preceded by any of the Gods, really. She holds to Kiunnat and, specifically, Yatwerian beliefs as does Esmenet. It might also be the Solitary God's Eye, rather than the God of Gods.

On that note, if there were no instances of the Judging Eye before Inri Sejenus articulated the God of Gods, then I'd be more inclined to believe it... not that it wouldn't have occurred, but it might not have been as well defined in the histories until Sejenus suggested a God of Gods.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 09:48:11 pm »
Those are some of the exact questions, Capt. Croaker opened the thread with.

If Mimara watches from the most "objective" God's Eye possible, then:

I suspect Kellhus would be Damned - unless he's figured out the Titirga/Cishaurim spectrum and has established himself. I suspect all sorcerers/swayali would still be Damned, but probably not Cishaurim.

But Mimara might be preceded by any of the Gods, really. She holds to Kiunnat and, specifically, Yatwerian beliefs as does Esmenet. It might also be the Solitary God's Eye, rather than the God of Gods.

On that note, if there were no instances of the Judging Eye before Inri Sejenus articulated the God of Gods, then I'd be more inclined to believe it... not that it wouldn't have occurred, but it might not have been as well defined in the histories until Sejenus suggested a God of Gods.

As in she sees with Yatwer's eye?  I hadn't thought of that.  So the damnation she sees would be just as negotiable.  X is damned but War might claim X in the afterlife or X's ancestors might intercede.

Crazy: Kellhus uses daimos to call gods into the world in the same ways Iyokus sent ciphrang after Cishaurim.  Mimara sees Yatwer and co with the judging eye...

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 09:51:02 pm »
As in she sees with Yatwer's eye?  I hadn't thought of that.  So the damnation she sees would be just as negotiable.  X is damned but War might claim X in the afterlife or X's ancestors might intercede.

Crazy: Kellhus uses daimos to call gods into the world in the same ways Iyokus sent ciphrang after Cishaurim.  Mimara sees Yatwer and co with the judging eye...

Lol... Yeah as in she sees with Yatwer or whoever's Eye.

That crazy has been suggested many times; maybe not with the twist of being "seen" by the Judging Eye.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 12:47:39 am »
Maybe Mimara will see Akka switch from damned to saved when he kills Kellhus

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 07:49:00 pm »
That would be interesting. Akka or anyone else. Seeming someone on both sides would be great. Then we might parse together some damnation mechanics.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Seökti

• Suthenti
  • we all get nailed to the cross
    • View Profile
    • =-{the Ghosts}-=
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 05:22:55 am »
I believe the Kelmomian prophecies are real and that Kellhus is the Anasaurimbor who has come to forestall or conclusively end the Second Apocalypse, meaning that I believe he is not damned.  If Titirga had found a way to mute the stain, Kellhus has likely found a way to remove it altogether.  If Kellhus, this late into the Great Ordeal, is shown by the Judging Eye to be completely damned, then theres a good chance humanity is too.  The thing is that I believe the Dunyain in Kellhus has accepted this truth as well, leading Moenghus to consider him mad.  I believe the halos about his hands actually are real symbols of his divinity. Either that or hes accepted his damnation as a worthwhile price for saving the species - another contradiction to his Dunyain sensibilities.
"I went mourning without the sun: I stood up and cried in the congregation."   -Job 30:28

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2015, 05:33:42 am »
Maybe Mimara will see Akka switch from damned to saved when he kills Kellhus
We technically already know the White Luck Warrior kills Kellhus and the exact manner in which he does it. Because the White Luck Warrior has already going to have will do it fuck English doesn't work with nonlinear time.

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Incontinent Water-bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2015, 07:46:33 pm »
So, Yoda had it right all along...  A Jedi Master, truly, he is.
No whistling on the slog!

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2015, 07:58:11 pm »
lol
"Operating under we are, one major rule," said Joyce Watters, president of the U.S. Grammar Guild. "Make English, want we, more archaic and dignified sounding to be, as if every word coming from the tongue of a centuries-old, mystical wizard, is."
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:33:47 am by Wilshire »
One of the other conditions of possibility.