• 46 Replies

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2015, 12:58:56 pm »
Doesn't seem unlikely. If they are driven and hungry enough, climbing a corpse ramp up over walls is not out of the question
One of the other conditions of possibility.

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2015, 09:27:38 pm »
It doesn't even have to be a corpse ramp. The Great Ordeal has been continually surprised by the cunning of the Sranc as a Horde, rather than as individuals. They could do it purposefully. Ever see ants ride out a flood on a living raft?

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2015, 05:10:37 pm »
It doesn't even have to be a corpse ramp. The Great Ordeal has been continually surprised by the cunning of the Sranc as a Horde, rather than as individuals. They could do it purposefully. Ever see ants ride out a flood on a living raft?

plus there are the nonmen and ursranc whipping and herding them about

TRANSPORTING IDEA FROM OTHER THREAD:

in the Ieva thread i got to wondering about that city that NC and Ses see inside the Ark.  could be that we will see a lot of *humans* fighting for the Consult.  Consult-bred marines or maybe lesser sorcerers.  2000+ years of toying with humans, Consult could have some crazy new monster-soldiers to throw at the Great Ordeal

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2015, 01:12:43 pm »
The Consult encounter with the tribe in the north from TWP did seem to me like they had been harvesting humans for a number of years.

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2015, 04:28:53 am »
I hope to see some horrifyingly grotesque new creations of the Consult. Akka notes the Skin spies are new, must be something else they've made over the last 2,000 years over Sranc, Bashrag, and Wraccu.

SilentRoamer

• The Smiling Knife
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2015, 05:49:39 pm »
I'm with Bolivar here I want to see some awful creations - mainly I just think we are going to see a tonne of Sranc and Bashrag and Wracu. I think any new developments in weapon races comes from Shae and the human sorcerors. Then again I have a massive feeling we are underestimating the Consult Princes. I expect their sorcery to be very powerful when we see it - at least I expect Aurangs to be. Aurax I can see having a different kind of power.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2015, 06:39:30 pm »
Bio-weapons tailor made for fighting humans... something like  rhinos for breaking up lines, or some huge thing to work siege weapons.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2015, 07:48:08 am »
Swarms of super venomous flies.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2015, 06:21:06 pm »
Something crazy is going to happen with Meppa.  I don't know what exactly, but I feel it's got to be something.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2015, 05:19:51 pm »
Meppa will remember!!

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2015, 10:06:41 pm »
i wonder if Bashrag are really some form of worker-Inchoroi?  all descriptions stop at: 1) big, 2) fused stuff into the magic number 3, 3) faces on cheeks, 4) mole hair

possibility: we get a confession from Aurax that he is to blame for the Inchoroi's near extinction.  Aurax is the King-Before-The-Fall but is usurped by Sil after the blunder of crashing into Earwa.  Aurax works to kill Sil and the majority of Inchoroi who supported Sil's ascendancy.  now Aurax will wait until Kellhus has killed off the rest of the Consult heirarchy before attempting to do in the Warrior Prophet and become the Emperor of Nothing

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2015, 10:44:18 pm »
in TUC we will find out that Kellhus has been manufacturing skin spies to look like him and have a soul.  Kellhus channels meta-gnosis through them and totally fucks up the Consult's shit

later on Aurax is telling a sranc minion to bring him coffee, when the attempts to knife Aurax.  fuck you Aurax, Kellhus made a sranc skin spy!  lol, Aurax stops him easily but is knifed in the back by Aurang...it's not really Aurang bitch!

as Aurang dies, Wutteat laughs as his face unfolds

the whole thing is orchestrated by Kellhus who is wearing a Bashrag as if it were a suit

also, the Lawyers won't be the only ones with Synthese suits--Kellhus will project into some kind of warmech that will transform, stepping out from his holy Arras

btw, the Arras if obv a window to the Outside just like the IF dontchaknow.  K calls his mom like every Sunday evening

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2015, 11:38:10 pm »
in TUC, Akka will get to the bottom of Ishual and find out what happened to the remnants of the Sohonc ... Seswatha and 9 other sorcerers sit in a circle, legless, armless, fused into one soul

The Seswatha hive mind reveals to Akka that the heart is nothing more than a mummified heart from a slaves chest.  the Grasping is just a decoy.  really the Ses-Sohonc send precise dreams to Mandate sorcerers to unconsciously nudge them in different directions

Akka will stand in the center of the Sohonc Circle and will have his soul projected into the most awesome synthese battlemech evar

Kellhus will stand in the center of the Shauriatus Circle and have his soul projected into the synthese that is the ARK

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2015, 12:57:49 pm »
The ark being controlled by a soul is an interesting thought. The consult relied on machines before they fell but now lean to magic. Maybe they are working on using the ark as a weapon

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2015, 01:51:35 pm »
The ark being controlled by a soul is an interesting thought. The consult relied on machines before they fell but now lean to magic. Maybe they are working on using the ark as a weapon

in that vein, maybe we've got it all wrong about the IF -- maybe that thing was made relatively late in the story.  say A and A see the writing on the wall and lock themselves in Sil's chamber to build their last ditch weapon: the Inverse Fire.  then they hide in the shadows while Mek looks at it, becomes a true believer and yadi yadi yada.

maybe they don't even turn it on until they have someone to show it to.  it could be just an inchoroi parlor trick.  if that is the case, i wonder what character aspect makes you fall for it and do the Dunyain lack it like the inchoroi would