• 1 Replies

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« on: June 04, 2013, 06:36:19 pm »
Quote from: Callan S.
Yes, I enjoy this! Though sometimes I have to repeat that its supposed to be a fairy tale world, when it comes to new age infected characterisation (The mum arranges her sons marriage...then appologises latter? Wha?)

I just enjoyed a quote last night where the evil queen convinces a girl, somewhat romantically entangled with Rumplestiltskin (foreskin!) to return as a kiss of true love will break the curse. Then the evil queen busts out the line

"But who am I to suggest you kiss your captor? What sort of message would that be sending?"

Just love how it touches on all the politics about fiction arguments and instead of those arguments getting to be outside of fictional focus themselves, the fiction lashes out and makes sure they come under the scope as well. Yes, you can't just argue about the fiction and so escape being its subject - it's watching you too, dearie.

Heh, I'll flatter myself - it reminds me of what I wanted to put in a story - the 'They'. The They are these incredibly powerful, glowy white beings, drifting through a fantasy world, correcting it's egrious errors and failings of it's people (all the while the They are utterly powerful...and so live in ivory towers, enacting their agenda upon the peoples without knowing what it's like to live in that difficult fantasy world). They are pruience and prudishness personified.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 06:36:27 pm »
Quote from: Callan S.
Oooh, got to see the evil queens snaping point!

Personally her face of anguish at the
(click to show/hide)
then twisting to a cool, clinical, well sounding and apt button pressing demenour - hey, I'm primed to think of Neil, a lil'. Particularly the self mastery, the twisting, almost like a muscle tearing and sheened away, from the baseline of her. In control, yet the reins have snapped.

C'mon guys - in a previous ep they had little red riding hood turn out to be a werewolf and actually kill her own lover whilst in wolf form (while the guy is chained to a tree - thinking he was the wolf!)! C'mon, that's gotta be masculine and dark and gritty a bit, aye bro?

And when they talk about 'havin' to believe', you can enjoy a certain author whinging in your memory about belief being cheap - and it gains even more levels to enjoy! Not all of them intended!