• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2014, 04:00:34 pm »
Yeah. What Wilshire wrote.

Well, the Chorae is important for the pouch's concealing. Maybe that's a part of the Warrior's visions we don't see, if after he stabs Kellhus someone Chorae's Kellhus, Cnaiur-style. Maybe even, Moenghus the Younger. Symmetry, you know, like Fathers, like Sons.

Amazing!  So Young Moe choraes Kellhus *after* someone else stabs him.  We're lead to believe that it's going to be the WLW, but it would be more *symmetrical* if it was one of Kellhus' kids!  Maybe Kayutas has a god hiding the sedition in his face.  But if I have to bet on any of the Anasurimbor's killing Kellhus, it's Kelmomas.

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2014, 10:20:23 pm »
Yeah. What Wilshire wrote.

Well, the Chorae is important for the pouch's concealing. Maybe that's a part of the Warrior's visions we don't see, if after he stabs Kellhus someone Chorae's Kellhus, Cnaiur-style. Maybe even, Moenghus the Younger. Symmetry, you know, like Fathers, like Sons.

Amazing!  So Young Moe choraes Kellhus *after* someone else stabs him.  We're lead to believe that it's going to be the WLW, but it would be more *symmetrical* if it was one of Kellhus' kids!  Maybe Kayutas has a god hiding the sedition in his face.  But if I have to bet on any of the Anasurimbor's killing Kellhus, it's Kelmomas.

Well yeah, if the religious/mythological trope is father sacrifices son (god / jesus, odin / baldur) to invert the trope would be son sacrifices father (Kellhus / moenghus, Kelmomas / Kellhus)

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2014, 12:09:17 pm »
Lol - nerdanel any way you like but to be clear I intended to draw an analogy between Moenghus the Elder/Cnaiur and Kellhus/Moenghus the Younger.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2014, 08:17:10 pm »
Lol - nerdanel any way you like but to be clear I intended to draw an analogy between Moenghus the Elder/Cnaiur and Kellhus/Moenghus the Younger.

I don't suspect Young Moe, he seems to sold on the Purpose!  I think Kellhus would have taken extra special care to condition him...

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2014, 12:26:56 pm »

I don't suspect Young Moe, he seems to sold on the Purpose!  I think Kellhus would have taken extra special care to condition him...

Maybe, but Kellhus was also at a tumultuous time. He was waging war against all of the Three-Seas, and he was only just appointed emperor when the baby was born. He might have have had as much time child rearing as you might think, especially for a non-dunyain child. If he let Kelmomas slip though the cracks, then its possible the Moe the Younger did as well.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2014, 02:19:26 pm »
I like it, Sorweel's POV on Moe will reveal the motive!

Unrelated: I like Young Moe and want to see him play a big part in TUC because he's the son of many-blooded Cnaiur.  BUT, he's also the son of sweet, vapid, manipulable Serwe and I wonder how much of his mother's weaknesses (or strengths?) he has.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2014, 12:53:41 pm »
Lol - Serwe is apparently one of the most important characters to the series. It is known. But how, why? These are the questions that torment me in my sleep. Why would Bakker, of all people, prize ignorance?!
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2014, 11:35:01 pm »
Lol, poor young Moe, he's exposed to conditioning from his dad, Kayutas, Serwa, Maithanet...Inrilatas and Kelmomas too?  Perhaps THIS is what would make Moe a wild card--too many people manipulating him made him somehow resistant to all of them.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2014, 12:20:34 pm »
I'm starting to wonder if we take tangenting too far. Are we running mad with the lack of many participants keeping us to task?

I'm fairly certain that Moenghus the Younger has read the Compendium because then he would understand his true heritage and that his whole life is a lie.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2014, 02:30:12 am »
Lol - Serwe is apparently one of the most important characters to the series. It is known. But how, why? These are the questions that torment me in my sleep. Why would Bakker, of all people, prize ignorance?!
Need answers.
I'm starting to wonder if we take tangenting too far. Are we running mad with the lack of many participants keeping us to task?

I'm fairly certain that Moenghus the Younger has read the Compendium because then he would understand his true heritage and that his whole life is a lie.
Most definitely yes. MG certainly isn't helping. He's got some of the craziest ideas out here. Where are those who are sober! Answer, like opium...
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2014, 01:19:28 pm »
Where are those who are sober! Answer, like opium...

Definitely not here ;).
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile

Garet Jax

« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2014, 05:10:45 pm »
Is it said or implied why Mimara shaves her head on the slog of slogs?

Or has it been speculated on somewhere that I have missed?

Cüréthañ

• Moderator Extraordinaire
  • Old Name
  • Pendulous Fallacy
  • Wizard IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2014, 08:58:35 pm »
Think it is to look more like a non woman.
 Iirc, she also sees her head shaved when she sees her reflection in water with JE open - then shaves it a chapter or two later.
Retracing his bloody footprints, the Wizard limped on.

Garet Jax

« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2014, 01:02:57 am »
Think it is to look more like a non woman.
 Iirc, she also sees her head shaved when she sees her reflection in water with JE open - then shaves it a chapter or two later.

Right. (I thought that she didn't shave her head until WLW)  But to what end other than helping Cleric "remember" her?  Just seemed a little to hasty, in the scene that she does it, if that was her only goal.