Zaudunyanicon 2017

• 32 Replies

Gorgorotterath

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2017, 12:27:14 pm »
Any new on the event? Any hints on possible dates, if any?
I am going to plan my trip to Canada very soon, and I would love to arrange it so that I can partecipate.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2017, 10:34:21 pm »
Will update as soon as possible, Gorgorotterath. Best bet is probably August sometime.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Gorgorotterath

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2017, 10:36:07 pm »
Thanks for the update Madness...August will match well with my travel plans.

SalvatorDunyain

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2017, 04:59:52 pm »
I am so trying to be in on this. Long time lurker and first time poster.  Hello all.  Your explanations and ideas about the books we all love are amazing, thank you all.  I am trying to clear some time in August for the Con.  Im in Pittsburgh, PA so the drive is not too bad I have discovered.  I would love to finally meet some folks that have read and loved Bakker!  I never have any folks to discuss books with and Im not into the net discussions as much (but I am trying now). 

Also,  someone on here recommended some books in a post (I believe it was here, may have been a Reddit thing for Bakker) and I must thank you.  The books in question were the Books of Babel by Josiah Bancroft.  There are two books out in the series now and, wow, super awesome.  Thanks for the suggestion.  These books were amazing and they broke my heart.  Also, very different from Bakker.  I highly recommend. 

Thank you again ladies and gents, I really appreciate your effort and thoughts. 

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2017, 01:19:16 am »
Hello, SalvatorDunyain! Welcome! And, post away, new thoughts are what keep the game alive around here. By the by, i rec'd Senlin Ascends after reading it. Arm of the Sphinx is just as good. Can't wait for the next one to come out, very different than your traditional fantasy fare.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2017, 02:44:59 am »
Hello, SalDun! From a fellow reformed lurker and relative newbie, welcome!

Thanks for the Josiah Bancroft recommendation, SD and MSJ. He's on my list!
-BFK
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2017, 04:28:17 am »
BK, move it to the top of your list, you'll enjoy it.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2017, 01:10:28 pm »
Welcome to the forum, SalvatorDunyain. Hope to see you at Zaudunyanicon - should we ever figure out a date.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2017, 01:13:17 pm »
Btw, how willing would people be to help pay for food and such? It's not like we're selling tickets, but I have a feeling I'm going to be stuck with a big bill if we don't figure this out beforehand.

No idea how much,  just a general question - would that ask persuade you, fellow Zaudunyani, from coming?

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2017, 02:33:48 pm »
Was catering a thing we want to do?
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2017, 09:29:12 pm »
Just post something on FB requesting help for dealing with some mad loss or injustice and that should finance us in a jiffy! Warning, I like to live large  :o
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

Kellais

• Kijneta
  • The True Old Name
  • Damnation Dealer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2017, 09:56:01 pm »
Meeting you guys and meeting Bakker on top...would be awesome to the power of infinity ;)

Unfortunately you all are on the wrong continent for this to be realistic for me :( Anyway, i wish you all the best of times. And do post pictures and make transcripts of your talks (ok, the latter thing is a bit unreasonable to ask for...i know :D ).
I'm trapped in Darkness
Still I reach out for the Stars

"GoT is TSA's less talented but far more successful step-brother" - Wilshire

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2017, 10:09:42 pm »
Btw, how willing would people be to help pay for food and such? It's not like we're selling tickets, but I have a feeling I'm going to be stuck with a big bill if we don't figure this out beforehand.

No idea how much,  just a general question - would that ask persuade you, fellow Zaudunyani, from coming?
It's a good thing BFK almost certainly can't make the scene this year, Wilshire. Can you imagine? "MORE WINE! NO, NO ....THE GOOD STUFF!"

Stuck with a VERY large bill, mon ami!
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2017, 10:22:07 pm »
Kellais - we'll put you on speaker phone from your cell  8)

I said before I probably couldn't swing it, but this is intriguing. I hail from Florida and "working" on my better half to make it happen ( I know, ToaHorror is married - if that's not a sign an impending 2nd Apocalypse, what is? ). Need some idea of the age of you cats - you would gag if you knew how old I was, don't want to be a buzzkill.
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2017, 11:29:36 pm »
We run the gammit of many ages. I don't think anyone here needs be concerned with age.