H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« on: March 12, 2021, 01:36:54 pm »
Dr. Gregory Sadler's World's of Speculative fiction series moves to cover Eärwa.

Link the channel, which has some great philosophy content.

We have restarted the Worlds of Speculative Fiction lecture/discussion series in a new online monthly format.  Each session will have a roughly 90-minute video, which will be premiered (allowing chat interaction between viewers and myself).  Then immediately following that, we will have a Zoom videoconferencing session, where we'll continue the discussion.

This session focuses on the fantasy writer, R. Scott Bakker, and on the first book of his Prince of Nothing Trilogy, The Darkness That Comes Before.  We discuss his biography, the narrative universe of his stories, and several philosophical themes of that first book.  In the next two sessions, we will discuss the second and third book in that series.

Link the the first video in the series.

Premieres tomorrow, March 13th, 2021.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 02:12:10 pm »
Next video in the series should be premiering April 10th, link to come when it gets put up.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 03:47:09 pm »
I still haven't watched this, H. Did you enjoy it?
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 02:12:33 pm »
I still haven't watched this, H. Did you enjoy it?

Honestly, I was a little disappointed, but it was decent.

Maybe the post-video meet-up was more interesting, but I wasn't home at the time, so I wasn't able to join.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 08:43:01 pm »
Link for the next in the series, on The Warrior Prophet, premieres on the 10th of this month.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2021, 12:43:16 pm »
Thousandfold Thought edition, premieres on 5/22.