• 163 Replies

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2017, 04:20:21 pm »
Sorry not current in this thread. Did anyone mention meta-meta-gnostic sorcery yet? Basically Super Saiyan 3.

Is this an actual (theoretical) thing?

Well, I don't see why not.  I mean, there shouldn't be a theoretical limit to how many things you don't say.

Of course, there is a practical limit to those by individual, but who knows what it would be...

I was being kinda tongue-in-cheek with the description, but apparently Kellhus' "markless" magic - like him levitating at the last whelming (Kelmomas said he couldn't see him doing sorcery) had nothing to do with Ajokli. All Kellhus magic all the way.

Kellhus has learned so much about sorcery that he has developed some magics that are, more or less, indistinguishable from the world.

That's got a whole lot of implications.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2017, 04:25:44 pm »
It's difficult for me to fathom - excepting Thing called Sarcellus' points regarding e-tone in the Building Better Communities thread - why these conversations degenerate so.

I will divulge everything up to, including, and probably surpassing everything everyone else shares. As anyone who knows me, knows that I think I do anything that I type, say, or share a disservice because apparently any information coming from me is somehow tainted.

I will be typing up a transcript of most of what is recorded. I won't be sharing audio recordings unless Bakker gives his say so. That simple.

Zaudunyannicon wasn't a failure, it was just something for fun and if you had that then it was a success :)
However, the "come next year" logic is flawed. As not everyone is a millionaire who lives in the house next to Bakker and have infinite free time.

It's a joke from Zaudunyanicon, Redeagl. There's no guarantee we'll ever pull this off again and I've given months of advance warning, even if Bakker didn't confirm online, publicly, until a number of weeks ago (despite my consistent nagging) yet a large number of readers decided that the perpetual "Next Year" was a better time to get on board.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Sausuna

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2017, 04:37:39 pm »
Sorry not current in this thread. Did anyone mention meta-meta-gnostic sorcery yet? Basically Super Saiyan 3.

Is this an actual (theoretical) thing?

Well, I don't see why not.  I mean, there shouldn't be a theoretical limit to how many things you don't say.

Of course, there is a practical limit to those by individual, but who knows what it would be...

I was being kinda tongue-in-cheek with the description, but apparently Kellhus' "markless" magic - like him levitating at the last whelming (Kelmomas said he couldn't see him doing sorcery) had nothing to do with Ajokli. All Kellhus magic all the way.

Kellhus has learned so much about sorcery that he has developed some magics that are, more or less, indistinguishable from the world.

That's got a whole lot of implications.
I wonder what he might have learned had he spent time searching into the Uncreated Creation that The Artisan was long looking into.

And really, sometimes I think Shaeonanra could have learned a lot if he spent his time studying the Amiolas. The description of it in the glossary makes one wonder the effect of putting it on a being without a soul.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2017, 04:40:40 pm »
Zaudunyannicon wasn't a failure, it was just something for fun and if you had that then it was a success :)
However, the "come next year" logic is flawed. As not everyone is a millionaire who lives in the house next to Bakker and have infinite free time.
While I do enjoy being a strikingly handsome individual who's job is simply to watch my money make little money babies, I hope you know that the 'next year' thing is a mostly a joke (as was the first half of this sentence). It took plenty of efforts to plan and a bit of money to boot, not to mention basically forcing Bakker to show up. In the last 5 years Bakker has been to a total of 2 places for TSA, including Zaudunyanicon, and both were no farther than an afternoon drive form his house.

Hopefully we're able to get him to come out more often, but I'm (we're) nobody, and I think people somehow forget that. We couldn't even afford to pay him for his time. And just like our poorly produced podcasts, I do sincerely hope people get tired of us and decide to make something great. There are fans, I'm sure, that are professional event planers, professional podcasters or youtubers, etc. Unfortunately for you all, you're stuck with me and Madness until you get up and do it yourself. A line cook and a consultant that do this for fun in whatever few hours of free time we have between jobs.

I'm not at all bothered by people wanting more, or disparaging me even, because again I agree that the stuff we do here is a joke. I'm seriously just here to have fun, and I do. But I'm pretty much a selfish jackass. This is what you get with a guy like me (laughably) in charge of this circus.

If we want to spend a bunch of time talking about how much I suck, lets do it, but realize that we already lost the Q/A thread for people attacking Bakker until he left.
Or perhaps the community will choose to suggest we talk about Zaudunyanicon instead, I'll leave it up to you guys (as, again, I did in the Q/A).
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 04:54:43 pm by Wilshire »

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2017, 04:45:14 pm »
I wonder what he might have learned had he spent time searching into the Uncreated Creation that The Artisan was long looking into.

And really, sometimes I think Shaeonanra could have learned a lot if he spent his time studying the Amiolas. The description of it in the glossary makes one wonder the effect of putting it on a being without a soul.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe there is magic that can't be undone by chorae, as are some (all?) of Emilidis (spelling) artifacts.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2017, 04:46:51 pm »
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2017, 04:49:03 pm »
I think both sides might be taking this too personally.

I apologise for my comment about cliques,it was just a joking response to the wording, i'm rarely serious and was also going to make a joke about how 9 out 13 of "us" made it (bakker's dozen).

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2017, 04:49:42 pm »
While I do enjoy being a strikingly handsome individual who's job is simply to watch my money make little money babies, I hope you know that the 'next year' thing is a mostly a joke (as was the first half of this sentence). It took plenty of efforts to plan and a bit of money to boot, not to mention basically forcing Bakker to show up. In the last 5 years Bakker has been to a total of 2 places for TSA, including Zaudunyanicon, and both were no farther than an afternoon drive form his house.

Hopefully we're able to get him to come out more often, but I'm (we're) nobody, and I think people somehow forget that. We couldn't even afford to pay him for his time. And just like our poorly produced podcasts, I do sincerely hope people get tired of us and decide to make something great. There are fans, I'm sure, that are professional event planers, professional podcasters or youtubers, etc. Unfortunately for you all, you're stuck with me and Madness until you get up and do it yourself. A line cook and an engineer that do this for fun in whatever few hours of free time we have between jobs.

I'm not at all bothered by people wanting more, or disparaging me even, because again I agree that the stuff we do here is a joke. I'm seriously just here to have fun, and I do. But I'm pretty much a selfish jackass. This is what you get with a guy like me (laughably) in charge of this circus.

If we want to spend a bunch of time talking about how much I suck, lets do it, but realize that we already lost the Q/A thread for people attacking Bakker until he left.
Or perhaps the community will choose to suggest we talk about Zaudunyanicon instead, I'll leave it up to you guys (as, again, I did in the Q/A).
Well, I am a fool for not using my sarcasm detector :(
Wilshire, you underestimate yourself and Madness. While a professional sound engineer Bakker fan may make a better podcast, I would still prefer Madness and Wilshire's broken ones. Why?  Because you have the most important "ingredient" that others will not. Passion for the series, loyalty to the fans.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2017, 04:49:56 pm »
It will be markless sorcery indistinguishable from creation, the same way emilidis tried to create an object the same way.

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2017, 04:52:12 pm »

I apologise for my comment about cliques,it was just a joking response to the wording, i'm rarely serious and was also going to make a joke about how 9 out 13 of "us" made it (bakker's dozen).
It isn't really a serious discussion, Merchant :) . It's just a joke that went without me noticing and Wilshire kindly explained it.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2017, 04:55:34 pm »

It isn't really a serious discussion, Merchant :) . It's just a joke that went without me noticing and Wilshire kindly explained it.

Good :D

Sausuna

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2017, 04:56:56 pm »
It will be markless sorcery indistinguishable from creation, the same way emilidis tried to create an object the same way.
Which leads into even more interesting lines of thought.
The Psukyhe leaves no mark, yet the users are still vulnerable to Chorae. Whereas some artifacts made by Emilidis are immune to Chorae. Which leaves one to wonder what uniquely about these artifacts allows them to be immune.

I can't recall if his artifacts left the mark as well or not, though I feel like they didn't.

SmilerLoki

• Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2017, 04:57:24 pm »
@ Madness, Wilshire

Guys, I really think that you've already done enough. No reason at all to feel bad if some things don't work out or are less than perfect. What we can (and do) have is great. Yet all Men desire more, 'tis a universal truth, but you aren't responsible for sating their thirst. What you do is a courtesy, and I very much appreciate it.

Martin level of community has its many perks, but lacks things possible for smaller groups.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2017, 05:05:49 pm »

Jokes on jokes ;)
9/13 is, in fact, pretty good, lol.

And I wasn't fishing for compliments - No kindness on the slog! (but much appreciated anyway)

And 4 responses in that amount of time is an insane amount of participation for us. Good enough for me: further discussion about how handsome and cool I am will be moved to the Building Better Communities thread.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 05:07:29 pm by Wilshire »

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2017, 05:09:03 pm »
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 05:18:47 pm by Wilshire »