What if Moe impregnated...SPOILERS

• 12 Replies

Francis Buck

« on: December 31, 2014, 06:18:20 am »
What if Moe impregnated Esmenet, to conceive Mimara? We don't know who Mimara's biological father to my knowledge.

We know Kellhus chose Esmi to raise children with because she was intelligent and could apparently handle the Dunyain nearly being another species genetically. By this logic, Mimara's child would of course be part Esmenet, part Moe, part Kellus, and part Achamian.

Mimara is depicted as very intelligent, and she's one of the Few. The only thing is that Mimara would by far be the most normal half-Dunyain, which itself would be ironic if the one Kellhus raised the least was the most important. There is, of course, the Judging Eye, Moe may have even planned for -- we really don't know enough about the JE to say.

The implications of it are pretty

Also the child was (and still is) receiving qirri, which I feel will be pretty important. It's gonna be like some super kid.

Alia

• Kijneta
  • Of The Knife
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 02:23:48 pm »
That's what I postulated in some other thread (maybe one about Mimara?)
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom - William Blake

Francis Buck

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 06:47:13 pm »
Hah, yeah I figured it must have been brought up by someone before. It does offer some interesting twists and a rather complicated web of familial relations that are loaded with irony.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 08:12:03 pm »
for my money, Moe: dunyain + psukhe = no problem with visual appearance.  Moe could have made it to the Cishaurim, gone on a secret mission back north and conceived Mimara--lots of time to do this.

i think Moe's Kuniuric skin and Scylvendi scars are there to make the reader and/or Kellhus believe that Moe couldn't fool everyone with his appearance!  with no one but Meppa left, reader/Kellhus has no real notion of what Psukhe could do for appearances.  Bakker/Moe definitely designs for reader/Kellhus to be cut off from Psukhe knowledge at the end of TTT.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 09:24:37 pm »
Psuke is gone forever.
---

I know this has come up before but I can't remember where. I think there might be a single reference to the father in one of the books, and it wasn't the right skin color or something...

Baring that, its possible. Moe obviously had reasons to be wandering the world, if nothing else but being a messenger. He didn't spent all of his 30 years chillin' in Shimeh, and Mimara is plenty old/young enough to have been his child. Being that Esmi is somehow identifiable of being able to bare dunyain child, Moe would have certainly sought her out if he saw her (such women are rare?).

It would be odd, though, that he made a dunyain child and let her lose in the world with no further contact with either the child or the mother. Makes it seem like a mistake... Well, dunyain are prone to silly mistakes, it could be been an accident.  Also, since Mim turned out fine without any instruction at all, I think its unlikely. All dunyain require extensive training to not go mad, per Kellhus' children and Moe only rearing 1. If it was an easy thing Moe would have had a brood of them running around, like Kel, but he decided to have 1 great one instead of a bunch of broken ones.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Alia

• Kijneta
  • Of The Knife
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 03:02:49 pm »
There is a reference in TJE that Mimara's skin is ligher than Esmi, so her father must've been a Norsirai.
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom - William Blake

rnblut

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 01:45:55 am »
I don't think this is possible.  One of the reasons that Moe ended up in Shimeh is that the scars he placed on his arms to get through Jiunati Steppe made it impossible for me to be in the Nansur Empire for any length of time.

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 06:02:33 am »
He could always take a boat to sumna and skip the empire

Hirtius/Pansa

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 06:54:39 am »
Sumna is part of the Nansurium...

*goes to check PON wikia*

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 09:47:11 pm »
Do we know why Esmi's contraceptive didn't work for the Mimara conception? It seems like she might know the father, considering how careful she otherwise is, at least whenever she reflects on it in other chapters, namely when she takes it off for Kellhus. This would be an insane revelation.

Happy 2015 TSA!

Francis Buck

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 02:13:18 am »
I honestly don't understand the mechanism behind the Whore's Shell whatsoever.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 04:04:41 am »
Do we know why Esmi's contraceptive didn't work for the Mimara conception? It seems like she might know the father, considering how careful she otherwise is, at least whenever she reflects on it in other chapters, namely when she takes it off for Kellhus. This would be an insane revelation.

Happy 2015 TSA!
Its called the Whores Shell, though little beyond that is known.

One of the first things she did after she sold Mimara was buy it so to never repeat that situation.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)