I wonder about Kellhus ripping his heart out..........

• 81 Replies

SilentRoamer

• The Smiling Knife
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2014, 07:59:43 pm »
Very nice :)

Not sure I'd say nonmen have soft bones, but otherwise seems self consistent.

Hey Wilshire. Sorry you might be missing some of my meaning - after re-reading my post I can see it is not entirely clear. I will edit it.

I meant that Inrilatus was the difference. His soft bones were an indication of a throwback to his human lineage - I took it as Maithanet expecting his bones to be stronger. Therefore I surmise most of the Dunyain (excepting the known throwbacks) have Nonman genetics. The strong bones are due to Nonman genetics and not the other way around.

SilentRoamer

• The Smiling Knife
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2014, 08:03:41 pm »
Ok well so far there seems to be two options for Kellhus and the heart:

1. Kellhus performed a miracle.
2. Kellhus has the largest anal cavity in Earwa - HITB

3. Moenghus was standing next to him using an invisibility spell and he handed him the heart.

I fully expect it to be something we will see explored through Kellhus next PoV - or at least I hope so. Some sort of Dunyain understanding of the laws of the Bakkerverse. Just wanted to have my own little pet crackpot.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2014, 09:01:38 pm »
Oh I see now, makes way more sense that way.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Cüréthañ

• Moderator Extraordinaire
  • Old Name
  • Pendulous Fallacy
  • Wizard IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2014, 03:27:00 am »
Roamer, I think tearing a spare heart out would leave a mark. ;)
Retracing his bloody footprints, the Wizard limped on.

SilentRoamer

• The Smiling Knife
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2014, 04:12:01 pm »

Maybe that is the example of Prophet healing we have yet to see!

I just wanted to post a fully formed and supported alternative to the HITB theory. On a serious note I fully expect it will be a metaphysical miracle brought on by Kellhus.

Locke has posted some interesting thoughts over on the other Forum regarding Serwe that seem pertinent to this discussion. Will extract some of them later today when home from work.

Cüréthañ

• Moderator Extraordinaire
  • Old Name
  • Pendulous Fallacy
  • Wizard IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2014, 02:04:25 am »

Maybe that is the example of Prophet healing we have yet to see!

I just wanted to post a fully formed and supported alternative to the HITB theory. On a serious note I fully expect it will be a metaphysical miracle brought on by Kellhus.

Some type of thaumaturgy, no doubt to me.

Locke has posted some interesting thoughts over on the other Forum regarding Serwe that seem pertinent to this discussion. Will extract some of them later today when home from work.

I went and read that and there is some nice tie in to things Bakker has said out of text, but as a whole I think it largely abandons the idea of what makes Dunyain techniques effective.
I tend to think that the political climate in 3C's makes the idea of the conditioned path to Shimeh via the Holy War acceptable.
Retracing his bloody footprints, the Wizard limped on.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2014, 04:34:11 am »
Idk, "2 hearts" seems less likely than just having one heart and sticking it back in.  If Kellhus had just one heart, ripped it out, stuck it back, then it's quite a thing to talk about.  If he has 2 hearts, then there's the additional question of where that other heart went.  If anything weird happened with it, I would expect something from Proyas "The Prophet hefted the heart in the air and then chucked it at the Padirajah's butt which burst asunder in white light and pink flesh."