[TGO SPOILERS] Prologue + Chapter 1 excerpt

• 71 Replies

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2016, 07:06:26 pm »
No idea. Gilgaöl almost came across as a Kellhus fan in the switched perspective version of the Kelmomian prophecy, too, at least to me.

Cynical Cat

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2016, 08:44:02 am »
If you trace the pattern from the Holy War to the Wars of Unification to the Great Ordeal, Kellhus is a very enthusiastic and successful warmonger and how can Gilgoal not respect that?

JRControl

• Momurai
  • Kellhus lied, Harambe died
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2016, 10:58:18 am »
Kellhus is good for business. Soul harvest rate went up 1500% since he took over as CEO at Earwa Inc.
“Because you’re a pious man born to a world unable to fathom your piety. But all that changes with me, Akka. The old food pyramids have outlived the age of their intention, and I have come to reveal the new. I am the Slimmest Path, and I say that you are not damned.”

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2016, 02:36:59 pm »
Yeah, plenty of Gods should be on Kellhus' side. War, pestilence, disease, famine, and the trickster. Though, that's only if the outcome is what they are after, and those aren't just arbitrary things assigned the ciphrang/gods. If the important piece is worshipers, then they would all be against him since he's presumably taking them all away.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2016, 02:47:24 pm »
Yeah, plenty of Gods should be on Kellhus' side. War, pestilence, disease, famine, and the trickster. Though, that's only if the outcome is what they are after, and those aren't just arbitrary things assigned the ciphrang/gods. If the important piece is worshipers, then they would all be against him since he's presumably taking them all away.

Business might be good now, but there is a strong possibility that business will be closed in the near future.  Unless they somehow know that Kellhus auction doesn't want to/won't be able to actually undo/countermand damnation, but from Yatwer's position on him, that seems unlikely to me.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

JRControl

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2016, 04:15:04 pm »

I'm thinking that the Demon Gods each have a particular brand of emotions they like to feed on. Everyone really wins except Yatwer perhaps, who can maybe see the end of birth if Kellhus has his way? I'm not sure. I can't remember why exactly she and her cult is after him, other than supplanting the usual religious tradition.

Maybe it's like modern capitalism, Kellhus has a legal obligation to maximize shareholder value (or face legal action) even though milking the franchises with annual increases will destroy its longevity and/or sustainability. Yatwe is the zombie board member shouting LONG TERM GAINS.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 04:17:57 pm by JRControl »
“Because you’re a pious man born to a world unable to fathom your piety. But all that changes with me, Akka. The old food pyramids have outlived the age of their intention, and I have come to reveal the new. I am the Slimmest Path, and I say that you are not damned.”

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2016, 06:52:06 pm »
Lol don't say that. I like long term gains guy!
One of the other conditions of possibility.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2016, 01:34:02 am »
I can't remember why exactly she and her cult is after him, other than supplanting the usual religious tradition.

She is after him because she is blind to the No-God. She sees him as death and destruction, a Taker. She doesn't know that Kellhus is trying to stop the Consult and the No-God, just thinks he is after power. But, if I'm right, she should be after him anyway because I believe he is trying to shut the Outside all the same and end damnation. Or, at the very least take over the Outside all for himself and end the 100 that way.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

JRControl

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2016, 01:39:28 pm »
Aye, but there have been many Takers in history and there are other Gods with other interests. I'm certain there should be something else in play we're not aware of.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2016, 01:46:48 pm »
Aye, but there have been many Takers in history and there are other Gods with other interests. I'm certain there should be something else in play we're not aware of.

Maybe because he's been to the Outside, Yatwer's playground and she recognizes his power. Remember, the Gods see all of time and the see the END. They see Kellhus, not the No-God. We have proof of this from the Celmommas dream in TGO. Yatwer thinks Kellhus is the one to end birth and whatever may come about. Kellhus is the only one She can blame for what she sees as the end.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2016, 02:13:28 pm »
Maybe because he's been to the Outside, Yatwer's playground and she recognizes his power. Remember, the Gods see all of time and the see the END. They see Kellhus, not the No-God. We have proof of this from the Celmommas dream in TGO. Yatwer thinks Kellhus is the one to end birth and whatever may come about. Kellhus is the only one She can blame for what she sees as the end.

Perhaps they never see the No-God because specifically it isn't the End.  Kellhus is the End, a good end or a bad end, he is the End.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2016, 03:13:08 pm »
Perhaps they never see the No-God because specifically it isn't the End.  Kellhus is the End, a good end or a bad end, he is the End.

Either way, that the idea I was going for. They're after Kellhus because they associate home with the end.