[TGO SPOILERS] [TUC Spoilers!] The Yimaleti Mountains(MG Teaser #2)

• 21 Replies

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« on: February 03, 2017, 06:16:38 pm »

The wily MG strikes again!

TTT Glossary offers scant details, only saying that "[t]he Yimaleti Mountains are an extensive mountain range located in the extreme northwest of Eärwa."  Golgotterath is in the shadow of the Yimaleti And Wert's first entry on the history of Earwa indicates that the High Mansion of Nihrimsul was in the Yimaleti, albeit far to the east.

The first idea that popped into my mind was whether there was something significant beyond the Yimaleti mountains?  When asked about happening in Eanna, RSB responded with the following:

Ancient maps are surrounded by terra incognita. A globally mapped fantasy world, I think, misses out on the power ignorance affords worldbuilding. I have to keep my cards close to my chest on this one, sorry!

Could what's beyond the mountains be one of the cards that RSB has to keep close to his chest?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 06:37:10 pm by profgrape »

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 06:39:42 pm »
I thought he meant that we will never know what exactly is beyond Eärwa but now I am really excited.No idea about what it may be, I am in favor of the Wracu theory but still no evidence. TUC is too far, father...Also I think H or MSJ said that Aurax resides there but I personally don't think so unless of course he wanted some change of atmosphere  :P
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 06:41:48 pm by Redeagl »
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 10:11:40 pm »
Maybe instead of a howling race of men and Sranc, there are little Inchoroi babies in Eänna now. Though,, I'd imagine "The Gates" might be a secret worth holding onto.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Hirtius/Pansa

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 08:06:10 pm »
Bold prediction: Most of the surviving Wracu make their rookeries in the heights of the Yimaleti. So when/if the No-God is resurrected, they will come in droves.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 10:16:59 pm »
Uh, guys, Yimaleti Mountains are the northern range that goes along the top of the map, presumably from the High Istyuli Plains west to the ocean. Little or nothing to do with Eanna I think - those eastern mountains are the Great Northern Kayarsus.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 11:50:52 pm »
Uh, guys, Yimaleti Mountains are the northern range that goes along the top of the map, presumably from the High Istyuli Plains west to the ocean. Little or nothing to do with Eanna I think - those eastern mountains are the Great Northern Kayarsus.

Well, *something* has to be on the other side, right? :-)

I love the idea of Wracu roosts. Because the action is pretty far from the Yimaleti so whatever it is, it'll have to travel.

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 12:33:29 am »
Some other continent then?  we don't know how big Eänna actually is, the rest of the planet could be Eänna for all we know. We have 4 borders in Eärwa: South of Kutnarmu, beyond of the Great Ocean ( that is if any land does exist beyond it) , Eänna and beyond the Yimaleti and I wouldn't rule out a connection of the last two but I don't think we will explore any of those unknowns for now ie: not before TSTSNBN.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 02:36:15 pm by Redeagl »
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

Killjoy

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 09:28:54 pm »
#FlatEarthTruth
IMMANENTIZED TO ESCHATON
OUTSIDE IS A FUCK
KILL ALL BUT 144,000
WHAT AM I?
99/100 DEAD GODS

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 11:05:22 pm »

Well, *something* has to be on the other side, right? :-)

I love the idea of Wracu roosts. Because the action is pretty far from the Yimaleti so whatever it is, it'll have to travel.

Yeah Dragons seems likely to me now, beyond something from left field, or a huge tunnel system that allows them to be surrounded like happened with the first ordeal.

Simas Polchias

• Kijneta
  • Consult Fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 09:17:18 pm »
Now. Time to make a stand.

1) There was a schism in dunyain sect at the time of First Apocalypse and Yimaleti gave them refuge similar to Demua? Or Ishual was not the only sanctuary for kuniuric nobility? Cue the prophecy of Anasurimbor spiced by some unexpected bloodlines.
2) A τεκνεδρομοσ? At worst Shauritas, ahem, are kinda right, ahem, men to grasp a concept of the starship. At best they can try to produce a giant soggomantic synteses or something of similar hysterically-out-of-earwa's-box level. Also, aporetic labs.
3) There is something cunuroi, inchoroi and consult broke their teeth at. I bet on high emwama, who are the chosen people of the gods -- thus damnation for everyone else. Now it's time for halaroi to loose a whole jaw.
4) An ancient generation colony ship, which can shed some light on the cunuroi/halaroi kinship. "Pandorum", eh? Also, eloi and morloks in a much more complex and intertwisted sense if comparing to original "Time machine".
5) A place where all The Meat of The Arc have gone. Google VTM/Tzimisce/Cathedral of Flesh for more precise image behind this idea about some eldritch abomination who is big enough to house parasites like inchoroi but is lazy enough to just forget about them.
6) A Shell Beach of the Earwa (watch "Dark City" film; I'm trying to avoid possible spoilers).

To make a stand and run.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 09:49:51 pm »
My guess has been hidden Nonmen, or Aurax, or both.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 10:03:44 pm »
It might be that Aurax was ordered to cross the Yimaleti and take control of a xenophobic culture dominated by Sorcerors.  Then during the final battle at Golgatterath, they'll Translocate in and attack the Great Ordeal.  He'll personally lead the attack armed with a completely new Tekne artifact that rivals the Heron Spear...

Oops, wrong series.

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2017, 06:34:10 pm »
It might be that Aurax was ordered to cross the Yimaleti and take control of a xenophobic culture dominated by Sorcerors.  Then during the final battle at Golgatterath, they'll Translocate in and attack the Great Ordeal.  He'll personally lead the attack armed with a completely new Tekne artifact that rivals the Heron Spear...

Oops, wrong series.

Honestly, it amazes me that this Tekne crap all still works. You mean to tell me that IF the Heron Spear turns up, then all the bearer will need to do is find the POWER switch?

The Ark of Obscenities must have a seriously excellent service desk.
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2017, 11:00:34 pm »

Oops, wrong series.

Honestly, it amazes me that this Tekne crap all still works. You mean to tell me that IF the Heron Spear turns up, then all the bearer will need to do is find the POWER switch?

IS NOT IT SUPPORT INFINITE?
One of the other conditions of possibility.

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2017, 12:07:07 am »

Oops, wrong series.

IS NOT IT SUPPORT INFINITE?3

HOW.....I.....HATE......THIS......TECH.....SUPPORT....DESK!

"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson