Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2017, 04:03:59 pm »
You win the game by keeping Athjeari alive through to the end.

Amazing!
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2017, 04:32:30 pm »
You win the game by keeping Athjeari alive through to the end.
Ah look, another of the Athjeariati. Athjeari's Wind Mills? (do you call the non-believers Athjeariatrics  >:(
 lol)

Anyway, your game would be way better than a straight Total War conversion. Again, I'd buy lol.
As you described it, it kind of plays out as various versions of Kellhus' probability trances, cycling through "What If's" except you have to play through a whole campaign.

Could do something even more meta and make Kellhus the 'main character'. If you split it into campaign levels, each one you'd set out to collapse the probability curves, lending to 2-3 different endings for each level, further affecting each next campaign level. Necessarily, at some point if you took the wrong paths you get stuck at a dead end and end up an unavoidable casualty forcing you to restart or find an old save that's before your point of no return.
Start of each level you advance real Kellhus to the end of the story, do some 'real interactions', then probability trance again, play out the scenario, advance real Kellhus, etc.

Hmm, or maybe play it out in 'real space', but each time you die you respawn at save points which are ostensibly the same thing as described above - like 'oh, you're in his head and that line of actions lead to your death, try again'. Essentially Dark Souls (and/or Assassin's Creed), but you're Kellhus, at bonfires you sit down and meditate/probability trance. Beat the game, unlock "White-Luck" difficulty (or Survivor Difficulty) - no saves, death brings you all the way back to Ishual. "Any wound save that which is fatal". (Narindar Achievement - an entire play-through without a single hit taken on White-Luck difficulty).

DLC could include Cnaiur in his early campaigns against the Empire, Cishaurim infiltration of the SS, scholastic wars, or go more into Horror and do Survivor in Ishual, raiding the Ark, etc. An infinite number of possibilities ;)
Full expansions or alternate campaigns, you pick Achamian, Cnaiur, Conphas, etc. to play through. Same war, different set of influences. And who doesn't want to burn down the Sareotic Library, the SS Compound, murder a few Ciphrang. (Achivement: Why do I always get the Stone? - lose to Xin while playing Benjuka as Achamian).
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 04:54:27 pm by Wilshire »
One of the other conditions of possibility.

solipsisticurge

• Momurai
  • There is a head on a pole behind him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2017, 07:06:59 pm »
Ultimate difficulty mode: Kellhus dies in the wasteland, and you must seize the Holy Warband Leweth.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Kings never lie. They demand the world be mistaken.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2017, 08:00:25 pm »
Ultimate difficulty mode: Kellhus dies in the wasteland, and you must seize the Holy Warband Leweth.

lol. Just a bunch of hours of gameplay of you getting killed over and over by Mek. "wakes up, starts running, *dies - arrow*. Wakes up, starts running *dies - sranc*. Wakes up, starts running *dies - cold (forgot jacket)*. Wakes up, ok fuck this lets fight *dies - magic*"

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
  • Approximation of a Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2017, 08:10:16 pm »

lol. Just a bunch of hours of gameplay of you getting killed over and over by Mek. "wakes up, starts running, *dies - arrow*. Wakes up, starts running *dies - sranc*. Wakes up, starts running *dies - cold (forgot jacket)*. Wakes up, ok fuck this lets fight *dies - magic*"

It would suck so much, and you'd not even need to get to Mek! Just imagine how many times you would die by getting distracted by twigs, being fascinated by the trees and whatnot, as Sranc appeared out of nowhere.
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."
-Anasûrimbor Kayûtas (The Great Ordeal, chapter 13)

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."
-Ykoriana of the Masks (The Third God, chapter 27)

TwoMinutesToApocalypse

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2017, 11:32:10 pm »
Has anybody ever made any shirts related to the Second Apocalypse?  Or anything really?  I would be very willing to straight up throw cash where I can find anything related to these series.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2017, 12:26:55 pm »
Has anybody ever made any shirts related to the Second Apocalypse?  Or anything really?  I would be very willing to straight up throw cash where I can find anything related to these series.

Yes, there are several TSA shirts out there. Making a shirt is pretty easy, just google "make a custom shirt" or some nonsense, load some text or an imagine, print.
There's nowhere to buy an 'official' shirt or other swag because Bakker has no shop, and therefore no way to funnel funds to him via these purchases. We are forced to give our money to undeserving places not associated with TSA/Bakker.

SalvatorDunyain

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2017, 04:20:59 pm »
I think t-shirts and The like would be awesome. This is exciting!!!

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2017, 05:28:46 pm »

Yes, there are several TSA shirts out there. Making a shirt is pretty easy, just google "make a custom shirt" or some nonsense, load some text or an imagine, print.
There's nowhere to buy an 'official' shirt or other swag because Bakker has no shop, and therefore no way to funnel funds to him via these purchases. We are forced to give our money to undeserving places not associated with TSA/Bakker.

Why, at least MG and I wore shirts directly to the series over the weekend.

Also, though it is definitely as easy to make and order custom shirts as Wilshire mentions, a redditor has experimented with a few pretty good ones.

And Thing called Sarcellus long ago offered his t-shirt making connections/services here.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2017, 05:31:05 pm »
Although less permanent, you can also just buy inkjet printable transfers and make your own shirts at home.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2017, 06:41:09 pm »

Why, at least MG and I wore shirts directly to the series over the weekend.

Also, though it is definitely as easy to make and order custom shirts as Wilshire mentions, a redditor has experimented with a few pretty good ones.

And Thing called Sarcellus long ago offered his t-shirt making connections/services here.

Nice ones.
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

SalvatorDunyain

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2017, 01:32:30 pm »
Those t-shirts that Redditor made are awesome.  What is the link for Thing Called Sarcellus?  It wasn't a hyper link in the post.  I have a few ideas and I would like to see how hard this is to do.  Im not interested in making money; i just want to rock and support my fav books.  Also, if we buy shirts from that guy with the 3 designs do you think Bakker would get upset?  Just wondering....

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2017, 02:56:30 pm »
That's a member here, thus why there wasn't a link.

You can see his profile here and send him a PM if you'd like. 
This was probably the post being referenced :). Some other links in that thread from years ago that might still be click-able.