Crazy speculation only

• 40 Replies

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« on: May 02, 2017, 10:20:52 pm »
Got a crazy idea about what's going to happen in TUC?  Share it here!

For my part:

1.  Moenghus will not re-appear onscreen.  But his presence will be felt -- the longest of long-plays.

2.  The second chapter will involve Proyas converting the non-Scalded to cannibalism.  This will involve eating the Scalded.
 Rather than weep and struggle with the decision, he'll be as passionless as an Anasurimbor.  Serwa and Sorweel will arrive via chariot at the end of the chapter.

3. Kellhus will return to the Ordeal with Esme AND Meppa.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 10:30:37 pm by profgrape »

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 10:39:42 pm »

For my part:

1.  Moenghus will not re-appear onscreen.  But his presence will be felt -- the longest of long-plays.

2.  The second chapter will involve Proyas converting the non-Scalded to cannibalism.  This will involve eating the Scalded.
 Rather than weep and struggle with the decision, he'll be as passionless as an Anasurimbor.  Serwa and Sorweel will arrive via chariot at the end of the chapter.

NOT BAD PG!

Gorgorotterath

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 10:23:14 am »
Any speculation about Kelmomas? I hope he is dead and gone, but I guess he is actually alive and well...at least as well as a crazy fucker like him can be.
Thinking on it, Kelmomas would be the right guy to convert the non-Scalded to cannibalism...he's already a pro in the field

"No need to cook the meat, folks!!"

Monkhound

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 03:07:28 pm »

"No need to cook the meat, folks!!"

If they're scalded, they've been cooked, right?  ;D
Cuts and cuts and cuts...

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 03:21:16 pm »
The battle of Golgotterath rage, Kellhus gets a cup of tea and have a conversation with the Consult  and so he avoids the battle because he is a pussy.The No-God returns at the end, The whole Ordeal is destroyed except for Kellhus who will be Judged as more Damned than Cnaiür by Mimara, Kellhus will kill Akka, something happens to Mim, Cnaiür kills Kellhus, Kellhus transcends into.... Something.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 08:03:28 pm »

For my part:

Amendment:

3. Kellhus will return to the Ordeal with Kelmomas (to keep him in hand) and Meppa (because Water).  Esme will stay behind to look after TTS.

Additions:

4. Akka and Mimara will cross the Neleost at The Leash.  The Boy will follow.

5. It will be Kellhus who reveals to Akka how his Dreams have deceived him. 

6. Cnaiur and the Scylvendi will arrive at the siege of Golgotterath, attacking both TGO and the Consult indiscriminately.  I suspect the People of War may be the last ones standing at the end of the book.

7. The No-God won't appear in present tense but will be revealed in a Dream.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 02:32:51 pm by profgrape »

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 09:57:55 pm »
Iyokus will engage in a Daimotic battle...
Mystery denotes darkness

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 01:29:18 pm »
Kellhus will encounter himself, from the "future," the source of the Voice.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 01:42:57 pm »
Kellhus didn't kill Meppa because he is his brother....
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2017, 01:57:57 pm »
One of my favorite pet theories. I hope this is the case so very much.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2017, 02:08:44 pm »

And see, here I thought it was original. This is what Bakker is trying to teach us isn't it? I've just regurgitated something I've heard before and forgot.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2017, 06:19:53 pm »
I like this theory!
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

Hirtius/Pansa

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2017, 06:53:06 pm »
I've been thinking about potential LOTR analogues in the upcoming climactic battle. More than any surprise reinforcements ala Rohirrim at Helm's Deep or Minas Tirith, I think it is the surprise reversal of potential reinforcements. In this capacity I refer to the Corsairs of Umbar arriving at Harlond, the Orcs believing that they have fresh allies and troops, but surprise!—it's Aragorn and co. leading the Gondorian levies from Pelargir, Lebennin and Anfalas etc. etc.

It is the reversal that excites me. I anticipate a similar event when Ishterebinth arrives at Golgotterath. The Consult will wrongly believe that the forces of the Injoy-Niyas are still allies. I imagine that Mekeritrig will see the Quya chariots on the horizon and say something like: "At last, Nin'Ciljiras has roused himself. We will finally eradicate these pesky humans." But as they get closer there will be some visual signifier that they are allied with Humanity and not the Consult. I want it to be the sigil of Nil'giccas or whatever, but as far as we know no such thing exists, so let's say it's the Copper Tree of Siol, the sigil of Cu'jara-Cinmoi, the first great enemy of the Inchoroi.  Mekeritrig's elation will slip into horror as he realizes what's actually happening: "The Exalted Stronghold stands with the Ordeal!" He will cry out.

It'll be better written than that, but it's the surprise reversal of known reinforcements which I anticipate.

Also some dragons. And I hope the Consult have legions of Ursranc to fight on more equal footing with the human armies.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2017, 07:26:18 pm »

And see, here I thought it was original. This is what Bakker is trying to teach us isn't it? I've just regurgitated something I've heard before and forgot.
Moenghus the Elder's (Other) Children
This: http://www.second-apocalypse.com/index.php?topic=813.0
And a bit farther down: http://www.second-apocalypse.com/index.php?topic=813.msg5253#msg5253
One of the other conditions of possibility.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2017, 07:43:43 pm »

Moenghus the Elder's (Other) Children
This: http://www.second-apocalypse.com/index.php?topic=813.0
And a bit farther down: http://www.second-apocalypse.com/index.php?topic=813.msg5253#msg5253

Exactly. I'm sure at some point I've read that thread. But, I would enjoy it being the case just the same.