• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2014, 08:42:55 pm »
The no god was destroyed by the heron spear
Actually, as a consult fanboy, I hope that No-God was not destroyed, but launched. Like the carapace was less a body or an armor and more a mobile launching pad or a sort of metaphysical egg. That's why there is no "first" or "second" apocalypse, there is just apocalypse and it's purely successfull phases. >:з

Kellhus, Proyas, and co get to talk to NG in the Ark!  that would be cool.  perhaps the rise of the Dunyain and Psukhari are some kind of muted effects of an ongoing apocalypse?

on the other hand, sometimes i like to think that the NG is nothing other than the carapace

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2015, 06:05:59 pm »
that sorcerous carpet thing that Kellhus has, that's going to like shoot out 10 feet wide lasers or someting.  you know it.  or it will fly and Kellhus will sing "A Whole New World" with Aurang

srsly tho, airborne chariots--does that include airborne horses?  because why not just ride the horses into the sky?  Kellhus uses this to combat the dragon prob?  if we are flying chariots around, fly some catapults us and fire straight down into Dagliash.  or just hurl boulders straight down on top of the battlements. 

maybe Kellhus will kill everything in the Ark, seal it, then bury it with the nearby mountain range.  hell, does he even need to go into it?  i guess the meta-gnosis would be good for collapsing all of the underground tunnels, then burying the thing to a point that the air inside will run out before new tunnels could be built--a calculation a Dunyain mind could make.  then just hang around and check for new tunnels every once in a while--seismic-meta-gnosis

Simas Polchias

• Kijneta
  • Consult Fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2015, 10:44:47 am »
srsly tho, airborne chariots--does that include airborne horses?  because why not just ride the horses into the sky?
Because that's how Wutteat was born. A darkest, most obscene & certainly expunged page in the history of ur-nonmen ur-sorcery.

PS I'm protecting my joke with cants of internets http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheFogOfAges

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2015, 02:00:42 pm »
srsly tho, airborne chariots--does that include airborne horses?  because why not just ride the horses into the sky?
Because that's how Wutteat was born. A darkest, most obscene & certainly expunged page in the history of ur-nonmen ur-sorcery.

PS I'm protecting my joke with cants of internets http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheFogOfAges

SAURIAN SKY HORSE!

all takers, i'm betting a whole dollar that Kellhus animates every one of his chorae into a dragon shaped chorae ... dragon

AND THEN FORCE FEEDS THE WHOLE THING TO WUTTEAT

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2015, 07:45:12 pm »
i wonder if Mek's sword is more than nimil.  it is described as...

"With solemn deliberation the figure drew his broadsword.  It shined unnaturally in the gloom, as though reflecting some otherwordly sun." (27)

and again "unearthly blade" (29)

btw, i wonder if Bakker let it slip that the nonman at the beginning of TDTCB is Mekeritrig just to throw us off.  maybe it's Ninjanjin?  Maybe it's Cleric and he was set adrift because he lost his book?

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2016, 11:35:37 pm »
i was thinking about why the nonmen would prefer chariots to just walking the sky.  here's what i think...

- chariot can do barrel rolls and cool evasive action shit
- the chariot that visits the Great Ordeal had 3 dudes in it.  ideal for 1 pilot, 2 gunners
- chariots supped up to go fast, faster than dragons maybe

hey, do we know if those chariots have horses?  what's going on with those horses?  are they just normal horses all spelled-up or what?  are they like anagogic horses?  are there no horses?

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2016, 11:15:12 am »
i was thinking about why the nonmen would prefer chariots to just walking the sky.  here's what i think...

- chariot can do barrel rolls and cool evasive action shit
- the chariot that visits the Great Ordeal had 3 dudes in it.  ideal for 1 pilot, 2 gunners
- chariots supped up to go fast, faster than dragons maybe

hey, do we know if those chariots have horses?  what's going on with those horses?  are they just normal horses all spelled-up or what?  are they like anagogic horses?  are there no horses?

Pretty sure no horses.

I think the role of the chariot is so that one sorcerer can fly a couple non-sorcerers around.  It wouldn't be too impressive to have a sorcerer flying two guys around by holding their hands...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Incontinent Water-bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2016, 02:55:32 pm »
From White-Luck Warrior, Sorweel watches the approach of the Nonmen:

He peered, squinted as much out of disbelief as against the high sun. He saw black horses - a team of four. He saw wheels...
A chariot, he realized. A flying chariot.

A few paragraphs later:

The sky-chariot banked toward the Prince-Imperial and swung to earth. The hooves of the blacks bit hard into the denuded turf, and wings of dust and gravel sprawled about their glossy flanks.

So, yeah, horses...
No whistling on the slog!

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2016, 03:03:23 pm »
The sky-chariot banked toward the Prince-Imperial and swung to earth. The hooves of the blacks bit hard into the denuded turf, and wings of dust and gravel sprawled about their glossy flanks.

So, yeah, horses...

Whoops, definitely missed that...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira