Miscellaneous Chatter > Literature

N. K. Jemisin's Broken Earth Series [Spoilers]

(1/5) > >>

H:
So, I've had a thread for discussing the whole series here.  This will include spoilers for The Fifth Season and The Obelisk Gate.

We get some interesting in information in TOG, regarding how the Earth was basically ruined and if your eBook or regular book had the sample chapter, who did it.

One thing that stood out to me was that it seems my speculation on the Guardians being part of Father Earth was somewhat wrong?  It's not entirely clear, but it certainly seems like the Guardians are part of the deadciv that Alabaster visits on the other side of the world.  Or a derivative thereof perhaps?  It also seems like Orogenes are the main driver of everything, Guardians get power from them and stone-eaters were once them before they changed.

More later, in the mean time, discuss.

MSJ:
Didn't read your post H. But about 1/3 of the way through and really liking it. I think Mass in he's the biggest role to come. I love how magic is being introduced and that Schaffa has disavowed the Gaurdians and is work I g on fixing the Earth. I'm sure it's getting ready to take off at this point of the book. And Alabaster, he knows what needs to be done, just come on already and let us all know.......

MSJ:
H, I have about 75 pages to go. Honestly, not as impressed with this one as I was with the first. Though, that might change when I finish up tonight.

H:

--- Quote from: MSJ on September 06, 2016, 03:22:34 pm ---H, I have about 75 pages to go. Honestly, not as impressed with this one as I was with the first. Though, that might change when I finish up tonight.
--- End quote ---

Indeed, it did not seem quite as good as the first, but I still felt it was well worth reading, mostly to figure out what the hell is really going on.

Don't forget to read the sample chapter at the end.

MSJ:

--- Quote from: H on September 06, 2016, 06:14:43 pm ---
--- Quote from: MSJ on September 06, 2016, 03:22:34 pm ---H, I have about 75 pages to go. Honestly, not as impressed with this one as I was with the first. Though, that might change when I finish up tonight.
--- End quote ---

Indeed, it did not seem quite as good as the first, but I still felt it was well worth reading, mostly to figure out what the hell is really going on.

Don't forget to read the sample chapter at the end.

--- End quote ---

Will do. I liked it, we get more world building and such, more answers, more mysteries. Just not as much going on, a little too slow paced.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version