Earwa > The Darkness That Comes Before

Mekeritrig

(1/4) > >>

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---The one answer I know Bakker always regretted giving... so, of course, I find it proper to tuck it away here.

--- Quote from: Cu'jara Cinmoi, 2004 ---I can recap and clarify the info that's been given so far: the Nonmen are an ancient race, the 'original people' of Earwa, who are nearly immortal, and who fought both for and against the No-God during the Apocalypse. They are slowly going insane: their minds can only hold roughly four or five human lifetimes of experiences, and as the centuries pass the traumatic experiences they suffer crowd out their other memories, until now, almost all Nonmen remember only the pain and loss in their lives. And some, like the Nonman (Mekertrig) that Kellhus meets in the Prologue, have taken to creating traumatic experiences just so they can have something to remember...
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Wilshire ---What is to regret? Probably a matter of when it was given and who what was said. (Like the dreams).

We pretty much know everything that was said in there, other than maybe the 5x lifetimes which seems inconsequential (which probably means its important).

The one that that gave me pause was:
" the traumatic experiences they suffer crowd out their other memories, until now, almost all Nonmen remember only the pain and loss in their lives."

Whats happening now then?
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: coobek ---Ahh. Everybody knew it was old Mek fencing with Kelhus. No harm to the story there I think.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Mog Kellhus ---I wonder about Mek's current status in the Consult's hierarchy.I believe he is considered unrelieble and they just use him as a glorified errant boy.Perhaps we will see him in TUC in charge of Dagliash's defense.There HAS to be another meeting with Kellhus,right?
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Duskweaver ---
--- Quote from: Wilshire ---" the traumatic experiences they suffer crowd out their other memories, until now, almost all Nonmen remember only the pain and loss in their lives."

Whats happening now then?
--- End quote ---
I'm pretty sure that's just a misplaced comma. It should probably read:

"the traumatic experiences they suffer crowd out their other memories until, now, almost all Nonmen remember only the pain and loss in their lives."
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version