[TV Spoilers] Game of Thrones (S8) [Warning: Open Spoilers]

• 251 Replies

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 29, 2019, 05:07:07 pm »
It looked great i though. The story has been a shambles since i started watching the series cause it went past the books.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 29, 2019, 06:12:40 pm »
It looked great i though. The story has been a shambles since i started watching the series cause it went past the books.

I mean, I was digging the premise and most of the visuals.  The "problem" is that none of it really make anything like sense meanwhile, which definitely takes me right out of any sort of immersion.  I get the need to visually show some things, but there had to be a better way that would make more sense.

Not to mention, not have the Night King just be a joke...and the rest of the White Walks be nothing at all.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 29, 2019, 08:14:35 pm »

I mean, I was digging the premise and most of the visuals.  The "problem" is that none of it really make anything like sense meanwhile, which definitely takes me right out of any sort of immersion.  I get the need to visually show some things, but there had to be a better way that would make more sense.

Not to mention, not have the Night King just be a joke...and the rest of the White Walks be nothing at all.

The best bit is if they try and rally the southern lands they will be what? What dead army? What threat? Winter is coming? Not even snowed here yet.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 29, 2019, 08:38:26 pm »
The best bit is if they try and rally the southern lands they will be what? What dead army? What threat? Winter is coming? Not even snowed here yet.

I guess next episode they defeat whatever plan Bronn is hatching.

Then episode 5, they defeat the fleet and the Golden Company.  Then, in episode 6, make it to King's Landing and win.

I guess they do this via Dragons.  And maybe the whole Riverlands which has magically disappeared in the last few seasons.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
  • The quest--it is your master.
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #199 on: April 29, 2019, 08:42:51 pm »
I'll put it very simply. I just got through watching episode 3 with a nice migraine. >:(

Still, it was well made, but I felt some of it was cheap and I HATE the "if the leader dies, then they all do/disperse/give up", etc. It is annoying. I expected the NK to last until the end. Now, it's just Cersei. Meh.
Faith is the truth of passion. Since no passion is more true than another, faith is the truth of nothing.   
                          -Ajencis, the fourth analytic of man

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 29, 2019, 08:56:22 pm »
I'll put it very simply. I just got through watching episode 3 with a nice migraine. >:(

Still, it was well made, but I felt some of it was cheap and I HATE the "if the leader dies, then they all do/disperse/give up", etc. It is annoying. I expected the NK to last until the end. Now, it's just Cersei. Meh.

Well, hope you feel better.

I agree though, there was so much "plot armor" to go around, it's absurd.  No matter how stupid some characters are, nothing happens to them.  The whole show honestly just feels like a contrivance against consequence.  There is only consequence if you are "bad."

It's like someone asks if you like pizza and if you'd like some, and you say "yeah, of course!"  So, you start smelling it, and it smells so damn good, and then they cart out some Little Caesars. When you rightly question your urge to inflict harm on them over this charade they say "what's your problem, I thought you said you liked pizza!"

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #201 on: April 29, 2019, 09:30:19 pm »
Yea, something like that. So much of it felt convenient and I want to say Deus Ex Machina too.

Nice to see most of the major characters survive, but that wasn't too surprising. I also wasn't surprised that they would win. I just thought it would be later.
Faith is the truth of passion. Since no passion is more true than another, faith is the truth of nothing.   

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 30, 2019, 01:27:51 pm »
Just in case, you were wondering about the "sense" of "forging" obsidian, well, someone did try (8 months ago, as it happens).  I'll give you three guesses how it went...

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 30, 2019, 02:39:18 pm »
But, we all know this is because there is no book material to go on (in regards to plot armour and such). D&D are clearly not GRRM. It's pretty simple, the shows have sucked since they passed the point in which there is no more book material. Haven't even bothered watching this season. Haven't even DVR'd it, just not worth it to me.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 02:47:48 pm by MSJ »
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 30, 2019, 02:55:46 pm »
But, we all know this is because there is no book material to go on (in regards to plot armour and such). D&D are clearly not GRRM. It's pretty simple, the shows have sucked since they passed the point in which there is no more book material. Haven't even bothered watching this season. Haven't even DVR'd it, just not worth it to me.

Honestly, if there was something else I'd rather watch, I just would, the show is really a waste of time, I think almost anyone could make up a more cogent and meaningful ending on their own.

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #205 on: April 30, 2019, 04:36:36 pm »
Yea, like the Night King Winning. :D

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 30, 2019, 05:17:53 pm »
Yea, like the Night King Winning. :D

At minimum the Night King or Bran doing anything of any consequence.  Hell, anyone doing anything of consequence even...

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 01, 2019, 04:40:15 am »
Imagine if the night king had went for his sword then offered it to Bran as everyone knelt to him then Bran's eyes went blue.

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #208 on: May 01, 2019, 02:06:01 pm »
Oh, that would have rocked.

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 01, 2019, 05:07:43 pm »
There clearly is a demand for "Game Of Thrones: Choose Your Own Adventure!"
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson