H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« on: February 07, 2019, 07:40:43 pm »
Just finished the third book.  Was good, drooped a little in the middle, but finished reasonably strong.

Anyway, this is a place for people to discuss any parts they see fit.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 04:26:58 pm »
I have the first book, but haven't gotten to it yet. I'll get started on it.
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 01:07:19 pm »
I've read the first book, and it was pretty fun. Not a ton of talking points left to it. Maybe some basic "Whats deeper in the tower" but other than that it wrapped up pretty completely.

I'm about 80% of the way through book 2, and I'm getting the sense that this particular story was conceived as the Tower itself. Most of the work seems to have been done on describing the tower and the fantastic things in it. He does a great job, but I'm growing kind of tired of it all. There's definitely a lot of building up for the next book, and maybe something amazing will happen in the last few chapters, but I think I might take a break before moving on to the next book.
One of the other conditions of possibility.