Three Roses, Bk. 1, by Roger Eichorn (sample chapters)

• 7 Replies

reichorn

• The Afflicted Few
  • Suthenti
    • View Profile
« on: September 13, 2021, 09:32:22 pm »
Dear sorcerers, sloggers, and varied miscreants,

It's nice to be back!  I've not posted here for a long time.  Much has happened, to me and to the world.  I hope anyone reading this is well.  As longtime SA'ers may know, I've been working on a fantasy novel of my own for years, occasionally posting opening chapters on Bakker's blog.  Having finally fought my way free of graduate school, I've devoted this year to finishing the novel.  It will be done by the end of the year.

I've updated the sample chapters on Scott's blog.  You can find them here:

https://rsbakker.wordpress.com/stories/three-roses-bk-1-the-anarchy/

The Prologue had been up there in one form or another for years, but the two opening chapters are entirely new.  If you have the time and inclination, I would love to hear what you think.

Thanks!

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 12:08:54 am »
Thanks for the update. Someone not long ago was asking about this, looks like we have an update!

Also apparently H posted a link back in July - is this more updated than that (https://www.second-apocalypse.com/index.php?topic=765.msg49406#msg49406) ?
One of the other conditions of possibility.

reichorn

• The Afflicted Few
  • Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 01:09:01 am »
Hey, Wilshire!  Glad to see the SA community going strong.

As for your question:  Yes, I've made significant changes to the book since July.  Indeed, I scrapped the opening chapters and rewrote them.  So while the prologue remains largely unchanged, the chapters are fresh off the presses.  I'm eager for reactions!

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 02:51:54 pm »
Well I don't know if I'd qualify the SA community as going and/or strong, but we do persist! There's also a Discord now which several active member have migrated to (H can provide you the link if you're interested).
One of the other conditions of possibility.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 04:17:25 pm »
Indeed, we have a Discord server and feel free to message me if you want an invite.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
  • "Trickster Makes This World"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 11:09:32 pm »
Whoah, amazing to see an update Roger!

reichorn

• The Afflicted Few
  • Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2021, 06:08:45 pm »
Whoah, amazing to see an update Roger!

Glad to see you still lurking 'round these parts!  Yup, I'm STILL plugging away at the book... but now I'm doing it full-time, which means it's actually going to get done.  I'd love to know what you think of the new opening chapters.

Rots

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2021, 03:19:35 pm »
You know i had off and on wondered what became of this book. I figured i just missed it somewhere/somehow. Glad to see you that (Roger) are still working on it and im once again looking forward to reading it.