What are you watching?

• 357 Replies

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
  • "Trickster Makes This World"
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: December 08, 2020, 12:33:38 am »
Shield Hero - ... I'd suggest watching the first four episodes just to gauge one's own moral reactions.

Sounds interesting, is this an anime? What streaming is it on?

Anime, I think Crunchyroll but I have VRV since you get a lot more (IMO) for a slightly higher cost.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 12, 2021, 03:59:06 pm »
Well, surprisingly Mr. Mayor isn't terrible.  Honestly, I like Tina Fey but often I find shows she's written to not really be funny to me (yeah, I am one of those 20 Rock isn't funny to me people).  But I have to admit that this one is actually pretty decent.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 14, 2021, 01:47:41 am »
Its been awhile and I'm not reading the thread atm. But, have any of you watched Dark on Netflix?
(click to show/hide)

Its probably...no, definitely top 3 all-time TV series I've watched. Its finished and if you haven't watched, GO WATCH IT!!!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 07:02:48 pm by MSJ »
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 14, 2021, 01:30:19 pm »
Its been awhile and I'm not reading the thread atm. But, have any of you watched Dark on Netflix? The time-traveling one, there a couple different "Dark's" on Netflix....

Its probably...no, definitely top 3 all-time TV series I've watched. Its finished and if you haven't watched, GO WATCH IT!!!

xxx removed my spoiler response xxx

Yes, we've discussed Dark, but it's so good, it's worth talking more about it.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 04:08:46 pm by TaoHorror »
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 14, 2021, 02:20:54 pm »
Yeah, Dark is really good.  I think the only criticism is that it probably could have been a bit better in the end, but certainly well worth watching and it was certainly interesting/entertaining.

I think the same writers have another show in the works, but I can't recall what it is at the moment.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 14, 2021, 02:31:41 pm »
Yeah, Dark is really good.  I think the only criticism is that it probably could have been a bit better in the end, but certainly well worth watching and it was certainly interesting/entertaining.

ENDING SPOILER
(click to show/hide)

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 14, 2021, 07:06:17 pm »
TH, fixed that..

(click to show/hide)
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 15, 2021, 04:11:49 pm »
TH, fixed that..

(click to show/hide)

Right - has it happened to us? We wouldn't know it.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 17, 2021, 08:17:19 pm »
Signs

A Polish television show. Some hard scenes in this thing, especially end of the 2nd season. Music is suspect, at times good, other times overly dramatic/bad. Interesting story, I like it. The 2nd season goes into a whole different direction, kinda funny it does that and some twisty story line going on which clears up some, so that was good.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 27, 2021, 09:52:38 pm »
Tenet

Well done for what it is, but not at a speed I enjoy. Done in an Eastern speed of movie, just drops you right into the action without knowing anything about the characters and you only end up learning some of a few and not the main character at that. Anyways, some cool effects and it gets interesting in the end. All in all, not one of Nolan's best pictures. Same thing with Dunkirk, you don't get to know anyone, guess that's Nolan's thing these days, dropping the viewer in the middle of things, light on character development, everything on action and the idea.

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 15, 2021, 11:49:30 pm »

Well, not sure where you hail from, but here in the USA having more kids than you can afford is the rule, not the exception.

This explains American politics  ;)

Off topic, but I wonder what this explains specifically (or generally)?

Ah I never answered this AFAICTell - but it was just a random joke, it wasn't a real observation.

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 18, 2021, 12:23:22 am »
Been doing a binging of the Blacklist, which I leave in the background.

Frustrating in that there's a good show in the morass of seasons, a questionable lead actress, and other factors.

I can't recommend actually watching it with deep focus, but if you leave it in the background your mind might be able, as mine sort of has, utilize it for an excellent show vaguely in memory. It doesn't work perfectly because of some plot points are just too big and stupid but if you are just bored and want something playing while you work it might suffice...

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 05, 2021, 02:15:14 pm »
Possibly interesting in a Bakker-Crash-Space related way (probably in the same sort of way that Upload was) Made for Love debuted 3 episodes and was pretty good.  I'd recommend it (if it matters though, it's not particularly appropriate for kids, language/sexual content).

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 12, 2021, 07:56:55 pm »
Your Honor

Very good, well done.

Not much of a spoiler, but kinda
(click to show/hide)

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 15, 2021, 12:03:32 pm »
Starz are mother-fuckers, I tell ya. First they cancel Boss ( incomplete ) and then Counterpart ( quazi complete, but had more gas in the story to tell ) and now American Gods ( serious cliffhanger ). Really? I'm guessing because it wasn't watched by enough people, but plenty of people waited for the entire thing to be released to binge watch it, like myself. Anyways, I loved the show, some killer gay/trans sex going on near the end of season 3 ( an extraordinary scene, amazing render of unrepressed human love ).

I guess I'll have to finish the book to learn the end ( found the book boring - but I guess I suffer a lack of imagination given how beautiful the show is ). Still worth watching even though the story "ends" on a cliffhanger.