Miscellaneous Chatter > RPG Discussion

Any pen&paper roleplayers here?

<< < (2/18) > >>

sciborg2:
People might want to check out Eclipse Phase, especially Bakker fans who I suspect make up a large majority of this forum. ;-P

http://unpossiblelabs.com/index.html

From what I understand the books are all free under the Creative Commons license. You play in a transhuman setting where the solar system has been colonized. With a dystopian spin you could reenact the glory days of humanity before we killed our women and turned into the Inchoroi. ;-)

sciborg2:
Another new setting called Accursed:

www.accursedrpg.com/

"This tale begins with  a world of dark fantasy and perilous adventure, where the forces of evil have triumphed.

In such a world, those who remain uncorrupted by wickedness must rely upon monsters to fight against the darkness. Witches have ruled the land since the last battles of conquest, but their Grand Coven has been sundered, leaving behind remnants of a once-mighty army. The remnants of the horde include captured citizens of the conquered nations that fought as the Witches’ shock troops.

These are the Accursed—the Witchmarks burned into their flesh and souls transformed these men and women into monstrous forms. Now, unable to return to their former lives, the Accursed   wander the land, giving aid to those in need in an attempt to atone for past sins. Some have joined the Order of the Penitent, an organization devoted to ridding the world of the Witches and their evil influence. Others offer their skills as warriors, alchemists, and spies to the highest bidder. Yet others have succumbed to corruption, greed, or insanity.

Light has failed, darkness is ascendant—only those bearing the forms of monsters can stand against the tide of the Witches’ evil. The Accursed are this world’s only hope—they must learn to embrace their curse or to fight against it, and find some way to free themselves forever of their Witchmark.

This is the world of Accursed."

sciborg2:
The Strange, a Tabletop RPG by Bruce Cordell & Monte Cook

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1433901524/the-strange-a-tabletop-rpg-by-bruce-cordell-and-mo

"Monte Cook Games is thrilled to announce its next big tabletop roleplaying game: The Strange! Written and designed by Bruce Cordell and Monte Cook, The Strange is a game that crosses multiple worlds, called recursions, which player characters can explore and defend. In The Strange, your characters change with each world they travel to, taking on new aspects suited to help them function in that recursion's unique laws and structures. But dangers found in these recursions threaten not only characters, but also our very own Earth. If characters persevere, however, they can not only save themselves and Earth, they may even gain the ability to create a recursion of their own!"

Kellais:
Hey fellow RPG-ers,

Anyone interested in putting together a p&p RPG for our beloved The Second Apocalypse world?

Again and again i come back to this thought. Scott himself played in his creation (as he tells it, it was a game setting long before it became a setting for novels) and i do think it'd be a glorious roleplaying world.

So, any takers? We could make an own thread for brainstorming if enough people are interested.

Somnambulist:
Are we talking a complete rules/world adaptation, or world adaptation within an existing ruleset?  I tingle at the prospect...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version