Earwa > The White-Luck Warrior

Sorcerous Artifacts

<< < (17/17)

mrganondorf:
i was thinking about why the nonmen would prefer chariots to just walking the sky.  here's what i think...

- chariot can do barrel rolls and cool evasive action shit
- the chariot that visits the Great Ordeal had 3 dudes in it.  ideal for 1 pilot, 2 gunners
- chariots supped up to go fast, faster than dragons maybe

hey, do we know if those chariots have horses?  what's going on with those horses?  are they just normal horses all spelled-up or what?  are they like anagogic horses?  are there no horses?

H:

--- Quote from: mrganondorf on January 26, 2016, 11:35:37 pm ---i was thinking about why the nonmen would prefer chariots to just walking the sky.  here's what i think...

- chariot can do barrel rolls and cool evasive action shit
- the chariot that visits the Great Ordeal had 3 dudes in it.  ideal for 1 pilot, 2 gunners
- chariots supped up to go fast, faster than dragons maybe

hey, do we know if those chariots have horses?  what's going on with those horses?  are they just normal horses all spelled-up or what?  are they like anagogic horses?  are there no horses?

--- End quote ---

Pretty sure no horses.

I think the role of the chariot is so that one sorcerer can fly a couple non-sorcerers around.  It wouldn't be too impressive to have a sorcerer flying two guys around by holding their hands...

Somnambulist:
From White-Luck Warrior, Sorweel watches the approach of the Nonmen:

--- Quote ---He peered, squinted as much out of disbelief as against the high sun. He saw black horses - a team of four. He saw wheels...
A chariot, he realized. A flying chariot.
--- End quote ---

A few paragraphs later:

--- Quote ---The sky-chariot banked toward the Prince-Imperial and swung to earth. The hooves of the blacks bit hard into the denuded turf, and wings of dust and gravel sprawled about their glossy flanks.
--- End quote ---

So, yeah, horses...

H:

--- Quote from: Somnambulist on January 27, 2016, 02:55:32 pm ---
--- Quote ---The sky-chariot banked toward the Prince-Imperial and swung to earth. The hooves of the blacks bit hard into the denuded turf, and wings of dust and gravel sprawled about their glossy flanks.
--- End quote ---

So, yeah, horses...

--- End quote ---

Whoops, definitely missed that...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version