Other Titles > Neuropath

Neuropath Kindle version (amazon.com)

<< < (3/5) > >>

pail:
This isn't an issue limited to the Kindle edition. I have the Tor mass market edition, first printing, ISBN 978-0-7653-6157-8, and all the chapter-opening italicized sections are missing. I only learned from reading this thread that they're also missing from the USA Kindle edition, and was surprised. I could imagine a plausible motive for removing content from a physical version if it reduced printing costs, but why would it be removed from a digital edition? Censorship?

I'm curious which other editions might be missing the italicized sections. If everyone posted which edition they own and whether the italicized sections and afterword are included, we could put together a list of which editions are complete and which aren't. We know two of the Tor (USA) editions are incomplete - the mass market paperback, and the Kindle e-book. What about the Tor hardcover?

Wilshire:
That's some kind of bullshit. Why in the world would words be removed from a book. It destroys much of that storyline.

I'll have to I back and check but I'm pretty sure I have a 1st edition 1st print of either the US or Canadian hardcover.. I'll check mine when I get back home, but I know its complete.

Alia:

--- Quote from: pail on June 19, 2016, 12:12:12 am ---This isn't an issue limited to the Kindle edition. I have the Tor mass market edition, first printing, ISBN 978-0-7653-6157-8, and all the chapter-opening italicized sections are missing. I only learned from reading this thread that they're also missing from the USA Kindle edition, and was surprised. I could imagine a plausible motive for removing content from a physical version if it reduced printing costs, but why would it be removed from a digital edition? Censorship?
--- End quote ---

As they say, never assume malicious intent if something can be due to plain stupidity. I guess someone just messed up their job - sent incomplete manuscript which then got printed. I remember a situation in which a publisher printed a book missing one chapter, which nobody noticed during the editing, proofreading and DTP stages. When readers started to complain, they put the missing chapter on the publisher's page for download.

Madness:

--- Quote from: pail on June 19, 2016, 12:12:12 am ---I'm curious which other editions might be missing the italicized sections. If everyone posted which edition they own and whether the italicized sections and afterword are included, we could put together a list of which editions are complete and which aren't. We know two of the Tor (USA) editions are incomplete - the mass market paperback, and the Kindle e-book. What about the Tor hardcover?

--- End quote ---

I would have whichever paperbacks of Canadian Penguin Neuropaths. I've probably owned... four or five of them in my life - one of them might have been trade paperback size. All of them had the italicized sections and the afterword.

Welcome to the Second Apocalypse, pail :).

--- Quote from: Alia on June 19, 2016, 10:49:25 am ---
--- Quote from: pail on June 19, 2016, 12:12:12 am ---This isn't an issue limited to the Kindle edition. I have the Tor mass market edition, first printing, ISBN 978-0-7653-6157-8, and all the chapter-opening italicized sections are missing. I only learned from reading this thread that they're also missing from the USA Kindle edition, and was surprised. I could imagine a plausible motive for removing content from a physical version if it reduced printing costs, but why would it be removed from a digital edition? Censorship?
--- End quote ---

As they say, never assume malicious intent if something can be due to plain stupidity.

--- End quote ---

Such a great sentiment.

Aural:
I wonder if Bakker is aware of this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version