Earwa > The Almanac: PON Edition

The Slog TDTCB - Part Three: The Harlot [Spoilers]

(1/5) > >>

H:
The Slog continues.

Boss is away, so we mice may play.  I just finished Chapter 9.

--- Quote ---I survived, Akka. And I did not survive.
Esmenet stooped before the child and astounded her with the gold talent.
“Here,” she said, pressing it into small palms.
So like my daughter.
--- End quote ---

I never realized the extreme nature of this spoiler.  At first reading, I thought that the child reminded her of Mimara.  Yet, on rereading, the two italicized (they are so in the text as well) lines are really one line.

Also, I think there is the possibility that the smell of myrrh is actually that of the Synthese, considering it is present when Aurang comes to Esme in this chapter, then flying away.

Madness:
The Honourable H.

H:

--- Quote from: Madness on December 10, 2015, 08:20:21 pm ---The Honourable H.

--- End quote ---

Presiding.

Wilshire:
Yeah that interro-rape scene really does point to a synthase. Mainly because of the flapping wings and esmi's physical reaction. She feels much the same way as the skin spy reacts when it is touched by the Old Father later on.

MSJ:
OK, here's my new pet theory. I believe who visited Esme was not Aurang, but Aurax. The description on the slapping of the wings, he was in glamour. See Aurang could only posses Esme later on in the books. I believe Aurax travelled personally to Esme to find out what Akka exactly knows. Also, I really dont believe we have never seen Aurax before. He lifted his glamour when flying out the window, hence the arid slap of wings, which I dont think would be heard from a Synethse. I dont believe that we wouldn't have seen Aurax yet throughout the books.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version