Earwa > The Almanac: PON Edition

The Slog TDTCB - Part Three: The Harlot [Spoilers]

<< < (2/5) > >>

H:
Indeed, it seems implausible that a skin-spy would bother going out the window.  Not to mention the seeming use of cants of compulsion, much like when Aurang comes to her a second time later.

Well, we have (most probably) seen Aurax though and it's not with the Synthese.  He's the one at the end of WP that is "interrogating" those people and asking "Who are the Dunyain?"

Finished chapter 10 also.  Yet another where I have probably missed something, but I didn't find anything particularly noteworthy.

MSJ:

--- Quote from: H on December 11, 2015, 01:13:34 pm ---Well, we have (most probably) seen Aurax though and it's not with the Synthese.  He's the one at the end of WP that is "interrogating" those people and asking "Who are the Dunyain?"

--- End quote ---

Yes, I thought about that too. But with Aurang's body back in Golgoterreath, he was only able to possess Esme, I imagine you'd need a physical form to pull off a glamour, hence Aurax.

H:

--- Quote from: MSJ on December 11, 2015, 01:36:23 pm ---
--- Quote from: H on December 11, 2015, 01:13:34 pm ---Well, we have (most probably) seen Aurax though and it's not with the Synthese.  He's the one at the end of WP that is "interrogating" those people and asking "Who are the Dunyain?"

--- End quote ---

Yes, I thought about that too. But with Aurang's body back in Golgoterreath, he was only able to possess Esme, I imagine you'd need a physical form to pull off a glamour, hence Aurax.

--- End quote ---

Hmm, yeah, that could be possible, in fact even more plausible than the alternative.  His MO does appear different, and even that interlude later follows the interrogation/rape theme as well.  Good catch.

The more I think of it, yes, Aurax's physical form is winged, so the flapping makes even more sense than the Synthese.

MSJ:

--- Quote ---And the Nonman King cried words that sting: “Now to me you must confess, For death above you hovers!” And the Emissary answered ever wary: “We are the race of flesh, We are the race of lovers.”—“ BALLAD OF THE INCHOROI,” ANCIENT KÛNIÜRI FOLK SONG Early Winter, 4110 Year-of-the-Tusk, Sumna
--- End quote ---

IMHO, this is another clue that its Aurax. Another thing I believe it gives hint to is that the dialogue in chapter 9, is going to be between a Nonman (Esme, who I believe has a drop of it in her blood) and a Inchoroi. These prefaces to each chapter always seem to put them in context or offer clues. Or, as usual, MSJ could just be going down the rabbit hole. ;D

locke:
A large gold coin is pretty impractical,  weightwise, for a synthese to be flying around with.

The esme possessed scene in TTT  indicates what happened: the synthese is present, possesses Esme, and uses both magic and their mastery of mundane mechanics of sexual attraction to nearly overcome kellhus with sex.  What likely happened here is the same thing the synthese is present, but has possessed a random high caste male. The synthese then orchestrates the interrorape of esme via possession, as attempted on kellhus.  The synthese does a little bakkake of its own at the climax of the interrorape. Hence black seed and a gold coin and flapping wings exiting the window. Doubtful it's a 12 foot tall alien exiting her window, she's not high caste enough to have windows that big.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version