Earwa > The Almanac: PON Edition

The Slog TDTCB - Part Five: The Holy War [Spoilers]

(1/5) > >>

Wilshire:
The first thing that struck me here was on pg 439.
Akka has a dream that is not of the holy war, at least initially. In the dream Inrau cries out from the darkness "They're here, old teacher! In ways you cannot see!"

Could this have actually been inrau's soul seeking Achamian out, trying to warn him?

Wilshire:
I yous mentions that a corpse is found some 5 years prior that is faceless. Earlier in the chapter Eli mentions Cepherummuni is a recent replacement.

Mentioned earlier but, I belive the corpse coincides woth this replacement.
Also, he is one of the only members of the ruling noble caste not addicted to chanv.

Chapter 17 heading *one always finds that catastrophe and triumph... inevitably turn upon the small, trivial, the nightmarish accidental"
Akka then later dreams of Seswatha and his mundane life. Nightmarish subbing his toe, over and over, all night long....

Pg 515 "Acting beaming being"
The whole world is Viramsata.

Pg 525, kellhus mentions seeing the mark on the nonman but not on skeos.

MSJ:

--- Quote ---He embraced her— desperately. At first she remained stiff, but when he began sobbing, something within her broke. She relented, relaxed against the press of his arms, breathed deep his smell— myrrh, sweat, and leather. How could this man, so stern, more self-assured than any she had known, weep at striking someone like her? Treacherous. Adulterate. How could he—“I know you love him,” she heard him.
--- End quote ---

Another myrrh reference....also when Esme and Aurang had their fling myrrh was mentioned. I believe it identifies not only Skin-Spies, but the Tekne.

Wilshire:
"You are the first, Chigra, and you will be the last" the thing call Skeaos said.....

The last what?

"Esmenet was the wife of the prophet Angeshrael".
How fitting.

MSJ:

--- Quote ---The thought struck Cnaiür that Dûnyain monks might be even more inhuman than he had thought. What things such as truth and meaning had no meaning for them? What if all they did was move and move, like something reptilian, snaking through circumstance after circumstance, consuming soul after soul for the sake of consumption alone? The thought made his scalp prickle.
--- End quote ---

Sounds a lot like the No-God, or the 100 warring over souls, no?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version