Earwa > The Almanac: PON Edition

The Slog TDTCB - Part Five: The Holy War [Spoilers]

<< < (2/5) > >>

H:

--- Quote from: Wilshire on December 15, 2015, 06:04:17 pm ---"You are the first, Chigra, and you will be the last" the thing call Skeaos said.....

The last what?
--- End quote ---

Not there in my reread yet, but the Celmomian Prophecy has him saying something similar, that I quoted before:

--- Quote ---“They call to me. They say that my end is not the world’s end. That burden, they say, is yours. Yours, Seswatha.”
--- End quote ---

Is it possible that Seswatha isn't really dead?  Is he hiding in Attrempus?  Which, mind you, means “Tower of Respite.”  Respite for who?  For Seswatha?  Details of how Seswatha died are also curiously absent from the whole story.

MSJ:

--- Quote ---After three hundred years, he, Drusas Achamian, had rediscovered the Consult. After two thousand years , he, Drusas Achamian, had witnessed the return of an Anasûrimbor . Anagkë, the Whore of Fate, had chosen him for these burdens! It wasn’t his place to ask why. Nor could such questions relieve him of his burden.
--- End quote ---

We know Yatwer has tools in this war, and I've heard Kelmommas could be a tool of one of them (I forget the name). So, is this a tell that Akka is a tool of Anagkë? He constantly, throughout the books remarks how he is a Whore of fate.

H:

--- Quote from: MSJ on December 17, 2015, 08:02:30 am ---
--- Quote ---After three hundred years, he, Drusas Achamian, had rediscovered the Consult. After two thousand years , he, Drusas Achamian, had witnessed the return of an Anasûrimbor . Anagkë, the Whore of Fate, had chosen him for these burdens! It wasn’t his place to ask why. Nor could such questions relieve him of his burden.
--- End quote ---

We know Yatwer has tools in this war, and I've heard Kelmommas could be a tool of one of them (I forget the name). So, is this a tell that Akka is a tool of Anagkë? He constantly, throughout the books remarks how he is a Whore of fate.
--- End quote ---

Well, I'm willing to concede that Akka is almost certainly a tool, but not of Anagkë.  No, I'd be more willing to bet he's used by Seswatha, or someone else.

Wilshire:
If Anagke had a favored soul, I'd agree that it is most likely Akka. The sheer volume of ridiculous things that happen to him is... well ridiculous.

Kelmomas -> Ajokli is what you were thinking.

Its hard to say how directly or indirectly the other 100 are involved in earwa, but I still lean towards more indirect. If Akka or anyone else is watched by a god, I doubt there would be much of a change to their life.

locke:

--- Quote from: MSJ on December 17, 2015, 08:02:30 am ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
I've thought so since the last read.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version