Miscellaneous Chatter > General Misc.

What are you watching?

<< < (5/72) > >>

Alia:
Vikings is the only series that I am watching - we're currently mid-way through season 3, season 4 is still waiting on the HDR. It's fun, it's well-made and it looks pretty realistic - although my husband, who has an MA in medieval history, would sometimes shout out things like "a rosary?! a helmet with a nose guard?! impossible". But then again, nobody else would notice.

Madness:
Lmao. He and I are kindred souls then :).

I often thought it was a well done show but then wondered how it would fare under academic scrutiny.

Wic:

--- Quote from: MSJ on June 10, 2016, 07:51:40 pm ---Have any of you guys checked out The Preacher? Just caught the pilot so far and hadnt watched the next one. Supernatural going-ons, and I have no clue who is supposed to be on the side of good or evil from the pilot. Pretty good, nonetheless.

--- End quote ---
Have you read the comics?  Preacher was one of those adaptations that was talked about for years but nobody believed it would ever get off the ground. I have a couple of friends who also love the comics, and we agree - against all expectations, it is somehow both good and staying true to the voice of the original.

If you thought the pilot was pretty good, I'm confident the second episode will lock you in for the rest. The real scope of the story probably won't pan out for another few episodes at least, but man am I excited.

Alia:

--- Quote from: Madness on June 12, 2016, 06:58:58 pm ---I often thought it was a well done show but then wondered how it would fare under academic scrutiny.

--- End quote ---

As series go, this one is pretty OK from a historian's point of view. They do not make any glaring factual errors - I suppose sometimes someone in the costume department would just get carried away.

MSJ:

--- Quote from: Wic on June 12, 2016, 08:43:52 pm ---Have you read the comics?  Preacher was one of those adaptations that was talked about for years but nobody believed it would ever get off the ground. I have a couple of friends who also love the comics, and we agree - against all expectations, it is somehow both good and staying true to the voice of the original.

If you thought the pilot was pretty good, I'm confident the second episode will lock you in for the rest. The real scope of the story probably won't pan out for another few episodes at least, but man am I excited.

--- End quote ---

Never read the comics, never read any comics, tbh. This show is really good. It's exactly what I like, mystery, supernatural and  interesting characters. Man, A&E is fast becoming my go-to channel for new shows.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version