Earwa > The Almanac: TAE Edition

The Slog WLW - Chapter 13 [Spoilers]

<< < (2/4) > >>

Blackstone:

--- Quote from: H on April 21, 2016, 04:50:31 pm ---
--- Quote from: Blackstone on April 21, 2016, 04:10:12 pm ---I considered that she might try to pass of Moe's baby as that of a non-man.

I have to wonder if she actually has feelings for Moe, though, or are they just banging because she likes to bang?
--- End quote ---

I think it is a very premeditated move by Serwa.  One, she is securing Moe and at the same time, purposely alienating Sorweel.  She even says:

--- Quote ---"A son!" the Grandmistress of the Swayali called out after him, her voice mellow and bewitching. "A son. A daughter. And an enemy!"
--- End quote ---

(Emphasis is the text's.)

I think Moe is in on it, but I think he also just doesn't care much that it's his "sister."  She may well be crafting a plan to dupe a Nonman, that I don't really know, but I am pretty sure that alienating Sorweel is at least one of the main points.  She knows how he looks at her, she has to know how he felt, so she probably felt like he was getting too close, too comfortable, and he needed to be checked.

Realize what she is also saying there, they are already duping the Nonmen by sending Moe, who isn't really his son.  Last thing they want is to show up with no real enemy too.

--- End quote ---

Surely someone as powerful as Serwa can think up a better way to keep Sorweel at arms length than banging her brother.

I think for the purpose of the Niom, Moe fits just fine as a son. He was raised by Esmi (and was probably as much raised by Kellhus as the other kids were).

H:

--- Quote from: Blackstone on April 21, 2016, 05:25:28 pm ---Surely someone as powerful as Serwa can think up a better way to keep Sorweel at arms length than banging her brother.

I think for the purpose of the Niom, Moe fits just fine as a son. He was raised by Esmi (and was probably as much raised by Kellhus as the other kids were).
--- End quote ---

She probably could, but I have a feeling that wasn't the first time, so it was a simple way to achieve an end.  But again, no doubt there is more to it though.

MSJ:

--- Quote ---A son!” the Grandmistress of the Swayali called out after him, her voice mellow and bewitching. “A son. A daughter. And an enemy.
--- End quote ---

This is right after Sorweel "abuses" his self. I have a feeling that Kellhus indeed sees through Yatwer's "mask". Or, as H said, sees that something doesn't add up. Serwa says it right there, "an enemy!".

H:

--- Quote from: MSJ on April 26, 2016, 11:46:46 pm ---
--- Quote ---A son!” the Grandmistress of the Swayali called out after him, her voice mellow and bewitching. “A son. A daughter. And an enemy.
--- End quote ---

This is right after Sorweel "abuses" his self. I have a feeling that Kellhus indeed sees through Yatwer's "mask". Or, as H said, sees that something doesn't add up. Serwa says it right there, "an enemy!".

--- End quote ---

Well, in the back of my mind, Sorweel confiding all that is going on to Zsoronga seems like a bad idea, because Zsoronga can be read.  So, if Kellhus has an idea what is going on with Sorweel, I feel like it's through Zsononga being read and Kellhus realizing that something isn't right.

Blackstone:

--- Quote from: H on April 27, 2016, 10:32:32 am ---
--- Quote from: MSJ on April 26, 2016, 11:46:46 pm ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Well, in the back of my mind, Sorweel confiding all that is going on to Zsoronga seems like a bad idea, because Zsoronga can be read.  So, if Kellhus has an idea what is going on with Sorweel, I feel like it's through Zsononga being read and Kellhus realizing that something isn't right.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that struck me as a terrible idea too. But then again, maybe Kellhus knows what's up from watching them through the flames.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version