Earwa > The Unholy Consult

TUC Reviews

<< < (4/9) > >>

TaoHorror:
I'm seeing a common "complaint" about the books with these reviews - it's not all tied up in a pretty bow. No shit, that's part of the point of the writing - it was not done to screw the reader over, but to engage the reader in a way few authors can pull off.

Madness:

--- Quote from: Hiro on September 14, 2017, 12:50:39 pm ---Speculiction:

http://speculiction.blogspot.nl/2017/09/review-of-unholy-consult-by-r-scott.html

--- End quote ---

Thanks, Hiro!

--- Quote from: TaoHorror on September 14, 2017, 02:03:17 pm ---I'm seeing a common "complaint" about the books with these reviews - it's not all tied up in a pretty bow. No shit, that's part of the point of the writing - it was not done to screw the reader over, but to engage the reader in a way few authors can pull off.

--- End quote ---

I actually thought Speculiction's review was pretty positive, overall.

Cynical Cat:
He says: "And finally, with the publishing of The Unholy Consult, I think it can at last be said that Bakker has written the epic fantasy series of the post-Tolkien era."  If you don't think that's a positive review, I think you need to reexamine your standards.

TaoHorror:
Didn't mean to suggest all of these reviews were negative - to clarify, of those "complaining" about the work, I'm seeing some common criticisms. Not a big deal.

TaoHorror:
Ha! Reference my thread, [TUC Spoilers] TaoHorror’s big take away from the series.

This reviewer agrees with me ... and he's a doctor, ooo aaah! The reward centers in my brain are firing on all cylinders  ;D

http://frigidreads.blogspot.nl/2017/08/the-unholy-consult-by-r-scott-bakker.html

--- Quote ---Our society, often divided between those arrogantly assured of their salvation and immunity to the flames and those who honestly believe that those flames don't exist, has in large measure forgotten that horror even exists. Mr. Bakker brings us a small reminder that something as immense as eternity should not be taken casually. If Hell is an objective, provable fact in your universe, then it is a horrifying, gut churning, bowel loosening one and should be treated as such.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version