General > Author Q&A

Midlist Authors & Online Piracy

<< < (12/12)

Redeagl:
If I was a mod, I would close the
thread, it's really going nowhere and have been treading on the edge of the rules from page 1.

MisterGuyMan:

--- Quote from: Callan S. on August 13, 2017, 04:41:43 am ---Maybe it's just that. And in regards to what I say, that you're reading my example uncharitably, could that be the case?

Or only I could be doing 'soap box antics', but you could not be falling into any similar habit? Only the other guy, me, could be doing something wrong, not you?

If you want to tell others they've done wrong but not consider you might have done wrong, then it's just a question of whether the forum involved enables your trolling. It really is trolling to say others are doing something wrong, but not consider you could be too.

I've said 'Maybe' to your charge of soap boxing. Can you say 'maybe' to my charge you've read and replied uncharitably? (Edit: and at the start of your post, like I did, because we're not going to enable one way listening/advertising here). If not, you're trolling. I don't know why you think you think you're better and can tell others they've done something wrong, but you don't have to say you'll consider you've done something wrong - you're not our peer? I would prefer moderation to step in at that point, rather than enabling someone to tell others they are doing something bad but plug their ears to hearing they are doing something bad.

If I'm ignoring all your points, if you actually say 'Maybe' to the idea you've read and replied uncharitably, we'll see if I ignore that.

In regards to moderation: Yeah, I don't think someone acting like they are not everyone else's peer in how they feel they can judge others without considering judgements apply to them...I don't think that's social behavior. If you're gunna judge, you've gotta be able to openly consider judgements laid toward you. Something that Voxday or acrackedmoon would never do, o/c.

--- End quote ---
Your entire reply had no actual relevant information at all.  I posted multiple points you ignored.  I asked you to address them.  You have not.  I asked you to point out what points you feel I ignored.  You have not.  I'm simply not interested in your apparent attempts to make this topic about me.

If you dislike whatever soap box antics I'm committing, then feel free to ignore those soapbox statements.  I made several actual points that are also worth responding to.

H:
OK, we tried, but this does not look like it is going to be working out.  I think everyone is pretty well entrenched at this point and I doubt the civility level will really rise.  Not to mention, I very much doubt that any real headway is actually going to be made on the topic at hand.

We're going to lock this up.  If someone has an issue, feel free to PM me (or another Staff member).

[EDIT Madness: Spelling.]

Madness:
I know the thread is closed but for science!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version