Earwa > The Darkness That Comes Before

Inrau and the Cants of Compulsion

<< < (2/6) > >>

MSJ:
No shit!! I never noticed it. Thanks for the quote!

Dora Vee:
Cants of Compulsion on Inrau? :( I never noticed that. Maybe Akka should have used that on Proyas.

MSJ:

--- Quote from:  Dora Vee ---]Cants of Compulsion on Inrau? :( I never noticed that. Maybe Akka should have used that on Proyas.
--- End quote ---

Yes. Its something I've never noticed. But, when I have time is like to read it in context.

Knee that Bends:
Thanks Wolfdrop! Great find! I never noticed that, very interesting. Probably like most people, I wouldn't have thought akka would do that, it changes my whole perception of that scene.

Wolfdrop:
Yeah, I totally glossed on first read. I knew something was up but wasn't familiar enough with the setting to put my finger on it.

Reading it with eyes tuned to the telltale signs of sorcery it seems really obvious.

But as with all things in this series it simply raises more questions. Why is he averse to Compelling spying but not the meeting. If using the Compulsion on someone gives them the Mark, shouldn't that have damned Inrau and outed him as a sorcerer during his showdown with the Consult? The justification for not using the Cants of Compulsion comes...right after he uses them.

It's tragic, but I loved that in his final moments, Inrau becomes a badass and unleashes some scraps of the Gnosis, though that ultimately cost him his soul.

I swear I forget about all these things during AMA's and squander my questions on why the umlauts aren't consistent and spelling mistakes.  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version