Earwa > The Thousandfold Thought

The fate of Cnaiur

(1/12) > >>

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Conditioned --- (click to show/hide)I'm sure I've read speculation about it on westeros and three seas but I can't seem to find any posts related to it here... Are we to assume he gave himself his final swazond? Or that he slipped out from under Moe's hideout with the surviving Serwe and possibly on to Golgoterrath? I actually don't have either of my hard copies of TTT as I've lent them both out to friends but I listened to it on audiobook recently and unless I got distracted and missed a part (perfectly possible as I usually listen while I'm out walking my huskies) it is much more ambiguous than I remembered. For some reason prior to this I was firmly under the impression that he was dead. Sorry if this needs to be moved to a post already covering it, my search function keeps giving me an error.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---"His screech pealed through the derelict halls, filled the very earth.

And he laughed, thinking of the final swazond he would cut into his throat. One last thought too many ... See! See!

He cackled with grief.

He knelt over his lover's corpse - for how many heartbeats, he would never know. Then, just as the sorcerous light began to fade, a cool hand fell upon his cheek. He turned and saw Serwe ... For her instant her face cracked, as though gasping for air. But then it was seamless once again. Seamless and perfect.

Yes. Serwe ... The first wife of his heart.

His proof and prize.

Absolute darkness engulfed them" (TTT, p 485-486).

You didn't have to spoiler tag that, Conditioned, though thanks for the courtesy. It's within this book's pages, after all.

Your guess, theory, and rantings are as good as anyone's. I know, I base my own conclusions on an interview by Bakker - can't remember which one but a number are in the Interviews & Articles thread - in which he says that Cnaiur's arc was finished with the PON.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Wilshire ---
--- Quote from: Madness ---I know, I base my own conclusions on an interview by Bakker - can't remember which one but a number are in the Interviews & Articles thread - in which he says that Cnaiur's arc was finished with the PON.
--- End quote ---

a feint within a feint within a feint. Perhaps.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: sologdin ---yeah, ultra vires statements of authors are relatively valueless in comparison to the text itself.  that may be RSB's reading (or it may be a genuflective feint, as above), but if the textual evidence doesn't conclusively rule it out, there's nothing to halt readerly substitutions of a surviving CuS into the text in the role of meppa, the NG, whatever.  it may appear more or less crazy after a certain point to continue to insist on him being alive, i.e., less than persuasive--but until we get the corpse, why be dogmatic about it?
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---Lol, solo... I think it'd seem cheap if Cnaiur was suddenly back, motivated by an equal hard-on for Kellhus.

Phallus Hater II: Vengeance on the Phallus
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version