Earwa > The Thousandfold Thought

Cnaiurs understanding of Kelhus

(1/4) > >>

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: coobek ---Doesn't it strike you that through all the novels only HE trully understood Kelhus and his modus operandum.
Even Akka, I feel, is still cheating himself with doubt.

Isn't it also why we love this character so much even through his brutality, he still comes out as BETTER due to this single fact of comprehension.

I really Enjoy Cnaiur's conversation with a BIRD how he sees in him exactly what Dunyain would, and how he tries to persude the worlds greates enemy that he is already ... doomed, that something NEW appeared on benjuka plate of the world. And BIRD of course does not see it.

p.17. Hopefully Meppa is the blinded Cnaiur after sunbathing for 20 years in Zeum.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---
--- Quote from: coobek ---Isn't it also why we love this character so much even through his brutality, he still comes out as BETTER due to this single fact of comprehension.
--- End quote ---

Lol. Hard sell, coobek. Though, I feel the reader empathizes with Cnaiur for his knowledge of Kellhus... I don't think that Cnaiur comes out better for it.

+1 CNAIUR!
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Wilshire ---Team Cnaiur!

Too bad he ends up a raving lunatic, having sex with Serwe, burying serwe's body with the help of serwe. Talking to birds and not finding it odd that serwe has a penis. Fucking off his rocker. Poor guy, he had so much to offer.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---His madness is deep.

The scene where one of the Serwes saves Cnaiur by doing the awesome arrow catch dance is epic - and mirrors Kellhus' arrow dodge before Martemus at the Swazond Standard in TWP.

And Serwe helped him bury her...
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Callan S. ---I think the skill of how Cnaiur was written is how much sense he makes during it. He rarely goes on anything that seems beyond the grasping of the reader, in what is ultimately his madness.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version