Earwa > Atrocity Tales

The False Sun

<< < (3/20) > >>

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: The Sharmat ---I initially thought that there were actually some atheists kicking around in the Three Seas. Akka's roommate/lover laughing at the Tractate, Eleazaras despair upon his deciding Kellhus is a prophet and that they really are damned, etc...Not so sure now though.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Swense ---Why aren't you sure any more? It stands to reason athiests would exist... I mean there's more direct proof of god in this universe, but it hardly availible to the average person or conclusive.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: The Sharmat ---Just seems later on that even in internal monologue no one ever doubts the existence of the Gods in some form.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---Kellhus did go a long way to polarizing all atheists and agnostics. In my mind, you're a theist even if you think Kellhus is a demon. But most of the atheists and agnostics - many of them originally Schoolman - bent knee to a living God after the Prince of Nothing.

Its hard to be atheist or agnostic in light of Kellhus' "supposed" Divinity. He's offering freedom from damnation. And cookies.

Though, this is not a commentary on my belief on Kellhus. Just how he looks from inside these beliefs.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Swense ---
--- Quote from: The Sharmat ---Just seems later on that even in internal monologue no one ever doubts the existence of the Gods in some form.
--- End quote ---

Agree with Madness. Plus, it's more the PoVs we get - most everyone is so wrapped up in Kellhusmania that being an atheist is unlikely, or after they've seen Cil-Aujas they've literally walked through hell so atheism would have to be reconsidered.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version