Earwa > The Darkness That Comes Before

Mekeritrig

<< < (2/4) > >>

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Wilshire ---
--- Quote from: Duskweaver ---
--- Quote from: Wilshire ---" the traumatic experiences they suffer crowd out their other memories, until now, almost all Nonmen remember only the pain and loss in their lives."

Whats happening now then?
--- End quote ---
I'm pretty sure that's just a misplaced comma. It should probably read:

"the traumatic experiences they suffer crowd out their other memories until, now, almost all Nonmen remember only the pain and loss in their lives."
--- End quote ---

Oh wow thanks. Never would have seen that. Makes sense now.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---Lol... ah punctuation.

+1 Duskweaver.

Well, I'm sure the answer is there on Three-Seas a couple years later but we'd still be on the fence about it right now, otherwise, neh?
--- End quote ---

Garet Jax:

--- Quote from: What Came Before on April 19, 2013, 02:14:45 pm ---
--- Quote from: Wilshire ---" the traumatic experiences they suffer crowd out their other memories, until now, almost all Nonmen remember only the pain and loss in their lives."

--- End quote ---

"the traumatic experiences they suffer crowd out their other memories until, now, almost all Nonmen remember only the pain and loss in their lives."
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I agree with the punctuation answer solving the ",until now" vs "until, now,", but what still bugs me about that statement is the "almost all" portion. 

(click to show/hide)Who and where are the remaining intact ones and why are they still intact?  Maybe it is just some of the Nonmen that joined the consult and have been given something from the Tekne to hold their memories together (Why not Mek?), but I still hold out hope that some of the intact are not aligned with the consult.  "Polishing stones" and whatnot...
(I know this has been explored in some other threads, but I am feeling like a Necromancer today)

H:

--- Quote from: Garet Jax on October 15, 2015, 02:17:15 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I agree with the punctuation answer solving the ",until now" vs "until, now,", but what still bugs me about that statement is the "almost all" portion. 

(click to show/hide)Who and where are the remaining intact ones and why are they still intact?  Maybe it is just some of the Nonmen that joined the consult and have been given something from the Tekne to hold their memories together (Why not Mek?), but I still hold out hope that some of the intact are not aligned with the consult.  "Polishing stones" and whatnot...
(I know this has been explored in some other threads, but I am feeling like a Necromancer today)

--- End quote ---

(click to show/hide)I think that somewhere in Ishterebinth, there is some number of high-level Quya, who have taken to sorcerously control their memories.  They probably also have retreated totally from the world, so that nothing new in mean nothing old out.

mrganondorf:

--- Quote from: H on October 15, 2015, 02:32:01 pm ---
--- Quote from: Garet Jax on October 15, 2015, 02:17:15 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

(click to show/hide)I think that somewhere in Ishterebinth, there is some number of high-level Quya, who have taken to sorcerously control their memories.  They probably also have retreated totally from the world, so that nothing new in mean nothing old out.
--- End quote ---

(click to show/hide)idk why the intact couldn't try to figure out how maintain memory integrity.  even if you had no sorcery, and you know you would go mad with the passing of ages, you could write down an abbreviated story of your life with a character sketch of yourself.  review this work to hold in in your mind and occasionally add, cut, condense etc to keep it to a manageable amount.

and yet i don't think this is available to the Cuniroi.  they strike me as the passionate/proud types that wouldn't resort to stuff like this

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version