Earwa > The White-Luck Warrior

What does Kellhus/his children think of Sorweel?

<< < (2/3) > >>

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---I doubt they carry the same taint, Centurion. Probably looks Holy to Mimara.

Sorweel & Mimara are going to be an interesting combination.

+1 for Miracles & Faith Power.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Curethan ---Like that idea, Callan.
In WLW just before Kellhus reveals his fire watching trick to Proyas there is a bit where Sorweel is with Zsoronga and co, staring at the fire and Sorweel feels very stongly that he is being watched.
This is just after he was named as a believer-king, so Kellhus is probably keeping a close eye on him. 
The way Sorweel acts around his peers is quite at odds with what Kellhus apparently read off his face.

I'm starting to suspect that Sorweel is a feint anyway, designed to distract Kellhus from the real assassin.
Would be a typical character arc for all his agonizing to be pointless as he ends up a stooge in the gods' designs.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---+1 on Fire-Watching, Curethan.

I think Sorweel is something else, though.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Callan S. ---I think were recognising that Kellhus would see discrepancies in regard to the face he sees in Sorweel. The thing is, that seems like him still being able to see into someone by working around with discrepancies, because that's how we see into other people. Kellhus has had direct access cut off and so is dragged down to a level much closer to our own. Ie, he'll stumble forward with one idea (naming Sorweel 'believer king'), then have to correct latter, then correct again, etc. Rendering him, in regards to Sorweel, like us. It's a huge change. It's like damaging Kasperovs brain so his chess skill comes down to our level - his play might seem normal to us, but it's a big change!

Indeed I was just wondering what if the gods at some point decide to make everyone like Sorweels been made? So the gods close off the world from the Dunyain (ironic, eh?)

And that leaves a world full of entities who think they are in control, but who are blind to their brain...

Just a few more changes and you've written an origin story for our world, eh?
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Wilshire ---Ah yes, isn't the mark of a true King one that has a hand which heals?
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version