Earwa > The White-Luck Warrior

Mimara

(1/27) > >>

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Wilshire ---Not quite sure if this has already been discussed here, I know I've seen somthing similar on other forums but I couldn't find it here. What is the significance of the way that Mimara's PoV is written? Has there been a conclusion as to why its written in a present tense, while the rest of the PoV's are written as if being recalled?

Also, can anyone point me to anywhere else where this kind of present tense is used throughout the series? I was pretty sure Yatwer's PoV (it was her right?) in the WLW was like this but I can't be sure.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---Well, the examples you cite suggest that Mimara's POV reflects that of the White-Luck Warrior and Yatwer.

Mimara actually has very few POV's over the course of TAE in comparison to Achamian, Sorweel, or Esmenet. At times, I thought Bakker simply chose the first person view to facilitate the tension and action during such sequences, which works well, but I'd say that he's holding on to some cards still concerning Mimara.

For instance, in her very first POV in TJE, she comments that sometimes she imagines the World with its own living magic to it, which she compares and discredits to sorcery.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: themerchant ---Just to add in something which may or may not be of interest/relevance.

Re-reading the end of WLW last night and during the scene with Gailan where she is looking into him and seeing his damnation etc, she sees a "fiery halo"above him, is Kellhus's ever described as fiery,  she sees Gailans' in the context of his damnation.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Callan S. ---I don't think I noticed that. How is, for example, is an Akka POV a recalled one?
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---Present tense (Mimara, WLW, Yatwer) vs. Past tense (Achamian - pretty much everyone else).
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version