Earwa > General Earwa

Nonmen

(1/2) > >>

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---I noticed we didn't have a thread when I had nowhere to put these:

--- Quote from: Mithfanion, 2005 ---Scott, could you say who or what is Nin-Ciljiras? He (or it) is mentioned by the Inchoroi...
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Cu'jara Cinmoi, 2005 ---He's a character in The Aspect-Emperor...
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Cu'jara Cinmoi, 2005 ---Mansion' is used both as a term to describe Nonmen cities, and much as the way 'House' is used - as an epithet for dynasties, families, etc.

In my old notes the Nonmen also used totemic devices, but in the multi-form manner that characterizes much of their art. So for instance, a Nonmen representation of a wolf would likely show it occupying two or more postures at once, like sleeping/running.

Having Nonmen blood means many things - things, which come to the fore when the Nonmen take a more active role in The Aspect-Emperor. Sometimes I feel like you're the dirty old man in the strip bar sitting on sniff row shouting 'take it off!'
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Cu'jara Cinmoi, 2004 ---Many Nonmen wander Earwa and the Three Seas, searching for trauma - which is to say, memories. A few hundred serve Golgotterath. The majority of these are what are called 'Erratics' - Nonmen who've been driven mad by the accumulation of trauma.

The majority of surviving Nonmen, however, dwell in Ishterebinth - stonghold of the ancient Nonmen nation of Injor Niyas - where they struggle to keep the dwindling flame of their ancient civilization alive. Here the Quya and the Siqu masters continue their studies, developing techniques, sorcerous and otherwise, to keep their race sane.

There, I've gone and said too much!
--- End quote ---

But, you know, fill the thread up with all the whispers and such... drop some knowledge.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Curethan ---Pretty sure NC ended up being Cleric - an alternate name for Nil'Giccas iirc.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---Lol. Well, Nerdanel hat doesn't even need to be worn to suggest that they have separate entries in the TTT Glossary for a reason. Or that Nin'Ciljiras is of the Betrayer, Nin'janjin's, line - a likely requisite for twice succumbing to the Consult. Or that a whole third of TAE focuses on Ishterebinth, rather than just every previously hinted at Nonman alluding to Cleric...

Just jibs :). Thoughts for the feast.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Curethan ---Okay, could well be misremembering that.  Couldn't say where I got the idea they are the same dude now.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---Lol, I gots to study, which is why I came to work early without my laptop.

I am a slave to a vice of my own creation :shock: ;).

I think there used to be some confusion on Three-Seas and I might have inadvertently played into it. Just who does Aurang say they are watching in Ishterebinth in TWP? If it's Nin'Ciljiras, maybe, there was debate about it being a mistake?
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version