Earwa > General Earwa

Why can the skin spies see 'Chigra'?

<< < (2/2)

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---
--- Quote from: Cu'jara Cinmoi, 2006 ---This is actually a tough question, one that forces me to do some on the fly rationalizing. At the time, I was thinking that the Sranc have a 'racial memory' of Seswatha, something implanted by their Inchoroi masters. The problem is that their ability to detect the 'Seswatha-within' smacks of the supernatural, which cannot be the case for the Sranc (except for a handful of rare exceptions).

So I guess the idea would be that the skin-spies, given that their ability to duplicate others requires an exquisite sensitivity to their body language, are able to detect the imprint of Seswatha in the body language of Mandate Schoolmen - that in the course of the Grasping, Achamian and the others all inherit minute but characteristic 'ticks' belonging to Seswatha.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Callan S. ---Good find, Madness!

This is why I can't just find absolute sub text subtlety and nuance as if it has to be there in a text. It could be, or it could just be a not quite coherant set of ideas.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---It's all part of the sweet ambiguity, Callan. Hell, that's why there's an entire cottage industry of "Philosophy &..." books, right?

Actually, I just found a Bakker blurb on a Philosophy & Phillip K. Dick book :shock: .
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Wilshire ---"Racial memories". Dune reference.
Though I guess  the body language explanation makes pretty good sense. I'll accept that as intentional I suppose.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version