Earwa > General Earwa

Shimeh and the High Round

<< < (2/5) > >>

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---Cheers, Curethan. And +1 Auriga. Thoughts that would not have existed otherwise ;):

The Kyudean Mansion...

"They gathered here in the hundreds ... Even thousands, in the days before the Womb-Plague ... Bathing was holy for them" (TTT, p403-4).

I remember in an old thread on Three-Seas, Cu'jara Cinmoi (Scott's moniker in the days before the hand of god stripped him of the internet) had said that the Nonman Mansions of the South had been abandoned, for some reason, in the days before the Fall of the Ark.

However, according to Moenghus, Nonmen too made pilgrimages to the Kyudean Mansion, even after the Womb-Plague... where water flows still.

Also, just happens that "The Tractate seems to suggest that Kyudea and not Shimeh was the location [of Inri Sejenus' Ascension]" (p519). And Moenghus dies/ascends/absolves there...
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Triskele ---Nitpick:  we don't exactly know that Titirga was killed, do we? 

I think it's clear that Shae's trap worked, but I don't know what that means.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---Nope. But I mean, the revelation of his character is that there is a more proper sorcerous mark as it were, a less abrasive balance to be struck in one's exercise of sorcery, whether Titirga survives or not. What does that mean?
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Wilshire ---A few options I suppose. Has anyone seen Kell's mark? Could be that Titirga was a metagnostic user. Could be that he had some kind of communion with one or two gods. Something like what the cish have but not quite pure enough to remove the mark. Maybe he was using some strange and secret kind of magic (and we all know that you cannot guard against them, except with a big hole apparently).
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Curethan ---
--- Quote ---Wrath flashed in Titirga’s eyes. “Nevertheless, there remains someone beneath me. Someone hooded in our shared sin.”
--- End quote ---

Still considers himself damned apparently.

--- Quote ---He was certainly the most powerful Insinger ever born. And if what Cet’ingira said was true, the most powerful, period. No living Quya had the purity of his Recitations. Even his Stain was different, somehow muted, as if he could cut the Inward without scarring it. Even now, simply regarding him, his distinction literally glared from his image, a strange, sideways rinsing of the Stain.
--- End quote ---

Muted, but still a Stain.

--- Quote ---The vital difference. The threat.

They said he had been blind as a child, that Noshainrau himself had found him begging in the streets. They said he went mad while Canting. They said his words seized things that should not be seized.
--- End quote ---

And here is the reference to a difference of seeing things - that he was once blind.  There are a couple of implications here - the cish with their 'invisible' Stain and the fact that Titirga seems to have healed his own blindness.

Note that Cants relate to grasping the souls of others - for example Aurang uses Cants of Compulsion to possess Esme, Cants of Communication are used to get a hold of others in their dreams etc.  What the heck are the 'things that should not be seized', I wonder?

The initial fall doesn't kill Titirga, but I'm pretty sure he's fucked when they drop a whole mansion on top of him.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version