• 142 Replies

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2015, 01:37:10 pm »
I didn't think the White-Luck had anything to do with Gilgaol?
One of the other conditions of possibility.

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2015, 02:23:32 pm »
He doesn't. Because Cnaiur is kicking his ass all over the Outside.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2015, 02:34:03 pm »
Even assuming that this wasn't happening, why would Gilgaol have anything to do with Yatwer and her pawns?

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2015, 02:42:19 pm »
It's just a joke. You're over thinking it.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2015, 02:46:40 pm »
I take speculation very seriously ;)

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2015, 02:57:23 pm »
Well if we're being serious, I don't think anything actually explicitly states the White-Luck Warrior belongs to Yatwer. This White-Luck Warrior does, though. There's no reason to think Gilgaol couldn't make one, if he wanted, I suppose.

As to what Gilgaol has to do with Yatwer and her pawns...allegedly, Gilgaol is Yatwer's brother. And Birth and War are the two most popular of the Gods.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2015, 03:14:30 pm »
Hmmm, maybe only Yatwer and Gilgaol have the capacity to create such a thing.

As for being brother/sister and the most popular, and therefore powerful, I had always thought they opposed eachother rather vehemently. Not a happy family.

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2015, 03:21:35 pm »
Who can say? Gilgaol is taken for patron by the warrior castes of Earwa, and Yatwerian theology condemns them as "Takers".

But does Yatwer really feel that way? And how can something that had no parents have siblings? How much of anything that people in the Three Seas have to say about the nature of the agencies of the Outside is true at all?

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2015, 03:24:12 pm »
Then they must have parents if they are siblings, and though they no longer know it, Earwanians created the gods.

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2015, 03:29:12 pm »
Siblings could be a metaphorical relationship. Something something birth is the battlefield of women ancient misogyny something something

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2015, 03:42:00 pm »
Something something birth is the battlefield of women ancient misogyny something something
lmao.

Yeah it could be a metaphor, men have such a poor understanding of the things they worship.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2015, 06:50:47 pm »
Who can say? Gilgaol is taken for patron by the warrior castes of Earwa, and Yatwerian theology condemns them as "Takers".

But does Yatwer really feel that way? And how can something that had no parents have siblings? How much of anything that people in the Three Seas have to say about the nature of the agencies of the Outside is true at all?

i don't have any answers for you but your post made me think of Hesiod's Theogeny where Athena is born out of Zeus' head and Aphrodite is born twice :)  i think the initial 4 entities just show up without precursor

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2015, 06:54:52 pm »
Well if we're being serious, I don't think anything actually explicitly states the White-Luck Warrior belongs to Yatwer. This White-Luck Warrior does, though. There's no reason to think Gilgaol couldn't make one, if he wanted, I suppose.

As to what Gilgaol has to do with Yatwer and her pawns...allegedly, Gilgaol is Yatwer's brother. And Birth and War are the two most popular of the Gods.

lol, i'm imagining 2 dozen white luck warriors converging all at once!  maybe this is Moenghus plan: get kilt, ascend, arrange for multiple white luck warriors to converge, create singulairy, ..., profit!

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2015, 07:03:51 pm »
Any crimes committed by Kellhus after the events in TTT we can assume are done with the greater plan of ridding the world of the Consult and Inchoroi in mind.
How does this mesh with the belief Kellhus professes in TTT that the No-God is somehow speaking to him?

i'm not entirely sure that Kellhus does think that the No-God is speaking to him.  i know it sounds stupid, but i think all we know is that he has the visions, then he reports to Aurang and Moenghus that the No-God is speaking to him.  perhaps Kellhus is just playing a part?  he knows that someone wants him to think that the NG is talking to him, so he plays a long.  it would be a neat surprise is Kellhus knew that someone (Moenghus, the gods, whoever) was setting him up to be broken so he played the role hiding his own motives

EkyannusIII

• Momurai
  • Archduke Ekyannus of Shitlord Hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 26, 2015, 04:01:42 pm »
Why does the Outside get to measure the Inside using its own standards, but the Inside doesn't get to judge the Outside?

Because the Outside created the Inside, which has no being or reality apart from what the Outside gives it, and which is literally nothing of itself?  There is no possibility of parity in such a relationship.
What is reason, but the blindness of the soul?

R. SCOTT RAP3ZT TERRIBLEZ LOLZ.

if Kellhus was thinking all of this, he's going to freak out when he get's back and Kelmomas is all "i lieks to eatum peeples da"

the whole thing is orchestrated by Kellhus who is wearing a Bashrag as if it were a suit