The fate of Cnaiur

• 56 Replies

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2014, 05:47:47 pm »
Well he lives on as a level 90 druid in world of warcraft, just finished levelling him last night. I'm going to guide him to happier times as my miner and jewelcrafter.

This is fan fiction cnaiur though, not the real one, he is terrifying.

Meyna

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 07:22:07 pm »
Well he lives on as a level 90 druid in world of warcraft, just finished levelling him last night. I'm going to guide him to happier times as my miner and jewelcrafter.

Should have been a death knight for accuracy ;)

Not that I should talk, since my death knight's name alludes to Three Seas magery.
witness

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2014, 10:57:26 pm »

Not that I should talk, since my death knight's name alludes to Three Seas magery.

My DK is called Nilgiccas  :-[

Meyna

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2014, 11:28:30 pm »

My DK is called Nilgiccas  :-[

Nothing wrong with that!
witness

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2014, 11:15:46 pm »
Gotta represent Earwa in every mmo I play. I love it when some of the main character names are taken, then I know there is someone else out there.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2014, 03:21:58 am »
Gotta represent Earwa in every mmo I play. I love it when some of the main character names are taken, then I know there is someone else out there.

Yeah Dunyain was taken on my realm, got a monk called Kellhus just yesterday , sorta disappointed it wasn't taken. I've decided against macor'ing some Cnaiur quotes with my abilites as would probably get me banned  ;D

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2014, 02:02:55 pm »
lmao thats brilliant

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2014, 10:48:45 pm »
Blurp, it just occured to me, hadn't put the two thoughts together before, but I have a feeling that Kellhus knows something about Cnaiur's fate.  I always assumed that Kellhus went back to the Kyudean mansion to further interogate the skin spies and mine whatever his dad left laying about.  Of course that would mean either finding or not finding Cnaiur's corpse.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2014, 02:38:02 am »
Yeah Kellhus did a lot more than Conquer lands and fight wars in the 20 years between the books. I bet be plumbed the depths of many secrets, including what was left by his father. We might not know Moenghus Sr. fate, but Kellhus certainly does. Or, at least, he knows if he survived his encounter with Cnaiur and the skin-spies.

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Incontinent Water-bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2014, 04:49:07 am »
Yeah Kellhus did a lot more than Conquer lands and fight wars in the 20 years between the books. I bet be plumbed the depths of many secrets, including what was left by his father. We might not know Moenghus Sr. fate, but Kellhus certainly does. Or, at least, he knows if he survived his encounter with Cnaiur and the skin-spies.

I've wondered about this.  Not sure where this comment belongs, but what the hell.  Kel and sons wear nimil armor, stuff he must have found in dear old dad's former abode.  I used to think he may have struck some kind of clandestine treaty with some nonmen, but it's more likely he found the stuff in the mansion.  Anyway, in TWLW, Fanayal is described as wearing nimil chain, as well.  Stuff must be just laying around for anyone to use.  Unless... Fanayal is allied with Kellhus.  Or he's a mole, like the priestess of Yatwer was.  Same thing either way: all part of TTT and Kel's manipulations.  More useless speculation.
No whistling on the slog!

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2014, 11:49:15 am »
This is where I doubt my own fav theory that old Moe is still operating from the shadows, using his own skin spies.  Kellhus has 20 years to interrogate/undo conditioning.  Whatever his dad found out, he would too.

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Incontinent Water-bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2014, 01:23:53 pm »
That's another thing.  The Serwe skin-spy would have either set those captive ones free or killed them.  He/she would not have left them hanging around like they were, Imo.  Maybe Moe had others penned elsewhere...
No whistling on the slog!

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2014, 02:04:28 pm »
Kellhus made a public spectacle of killing skin-spies. He had no issue capturing them, so I'm sure he had plenty of time to do his own interrogations.

I've wondered about this.  Not sure where this comment belongs, but what the hell.  Kel and sons wear nimil armor, stuff he must have found in dear old dad's former abode.  I used to think he may have struck some kind of clandestine treaty with some nonmen, but it's more likely he found the stuff in the mansion.  Anyway, in TWLW, Fanayal is described as wearing nimil chain, as well.  Stuff must be just laying around for anyone to use.  Unless... Fanayal is allied with Kellhus.  Or he's a mole, like the priestess of Yatwer was.  Same thing either way: all part of TTT and Kel's manipulations.  More useless speculation.

Thats an interesting detail. Was nimil worn by anyone before Kellhus was AE? It is possible that Fanayal simply found his own set after becoming aware of the Mansion outside Shimeh. Though it is equally likely, if not more so, that Kellhus furnished all of his Generals (or his Kahit [I can never spell that word]) so as to provide them with a bit of extra protection when he wasn't around.

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2014, 11:52:37 pm »
Can't rule out the possibility of Kellhus raiding other abandoned mansions.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2014, 01:37:42 pm »

I like this, Somnambulist.

Wilshire and I have talked a couple times of Kellhus' Personal Adventures since the First Holy War. Definitely, had access to all the available written works of his empire. Also, definitely explored the Southern Nonmen Mansions - including possibly Cil-Aujas! It could easily have served as Kellhus' training ground, fortress of solitude ;). And he might even have possibly brought down the roof in the Mortuarium. Wow - MG is influencing me already.

That's another thing.  The Serwe skin-spy would have either set those captive ones free or killed them.  He/she would not have left them hanging around like they were, Imo.  Maybe Moe had others penned elsewhere...

They could definitely identify if there were others in the Mansion. Smells, etc.

Thats an interesting detail. Was nimil worn by anyone before Kellhus was AE? It is possible that Fanayal simply found his own set after becoming aware of the Mansion outside Shimeh. Though it is equally likely, if not more so, that Kellhus furnished all of his Generals (or his Kahit [I can never spell that word]) so as to provide them with a bit of extra protection when he wasn't around.

Kahiht ;).

So we've highlighted an interesting either/or. Either Nimil is readily accessible (and remember according to Cinial'jin's Atrocity Tale, it seems Erractic are normally walking around and crossing foul with human populations) or Kellhus controls all the Nimil trade in the New Empire...

Fanayal is an agent against or an agent of?

Can't rule out the possibility of Kellhus raiding other abandoned mansions.

Bakker is a D&D gamer - Kellhus definitely raided him some Earwa. Lmao. I'd like to see Kellhus' stats at the end of the First Holy War as compared to the start of TJE.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer