Miscellaneous Chatter > The Forum of Interesting Things

Diablo 3

<< < (3/3)

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Callan S. ---Aww, I missed the prime bellcurve moment to whinge about it! Never mind my comp prolly couldn't run it, I really dislike the 'online only' stuff. Yet more ways of making you buy without you really owning anything.

Frankly when the first and second came out, it felt good to actually stretch those roleplay wings - ie, the ones that remain furled in table top pen and paper campaigns that don't last more than a few levels. It was actually nice to go somewhere.

Also I'm really jaded on murder for thrills games (I do like grevous bodily harm unto unconciousness games though!)
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Camlost ---
--- Quote from: Jorge ---i uninstalled Diablo 3 today

it's pretty pointless
--- End quote ---

Friend of mine was giving me the lowdown on the game, sounds like they shit the bed on the storyline. What's your take? Or were you more in it for the gameplay, in which case: did it live up to the dark, weapons-blunted, knee-deep-in-blood dungeon crawl that D2 was?
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Francis Buck ---The story was honestly awful. Very disappointing. Every "twist" could be seen from a mile away, and the plot was incredibly formulaic and typical. The dialogue was a joke.

I will say, however, that the dialogue (and even stories) for the "followers" was noticeably superior. Some of their interactions are actually pretty funny (especially the Scoundrel and female Demon Hunter).
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version